1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Few Beginner Questions on PS2 Burning

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Rob5000, Jan 2, 2003.

1. Rob5000

Rob5000 Member

Okay, first let me say that I've read through quite a few messages and I seem to be misunderstanding something. If I buy a DVD-r will I still have to go into a program on my computer and change around all the movies to make the file smaller? I hope not. I have $200 to spare, and I want to get a DVD recorder to backup my PS2 games. I'm hoping to get one that works with all versions of PS2 games, does anyone know of a good recorder that will fit my needs? I don't want to buy one to find that it doesn't do what I wanted. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. Rob5000

Rob5000 Member

Wow, it's hard to believe nobody knows the answer to my question. Thanks a lot, you've all been very helpful.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2003
  3. HomerJ

HomerJ Moderator Staff Member

will I still have to go into a program on my computer and change around all the movies to make the file smaller?

YES !! Most movies are greater than 4.7GB in size. Unless of course you don't mind splitting them over 2 discs.

As for backing up you PS DVD games, i am not aware that any burner is worse than any other in this respect. They all do a pretty good job. Finding the right software and media is slightly more challenging.

The latest Sony DRU 500A seems very popular, but does seem to going through a few teething problems at the moment.

Sorry for taking time in replying.

HomerJ

4. Rob5000

Rob5000 Member

How big are the normal video games? Much bigger I assume. So what would be the best software to go with it.

5. HomerJ

HomerJ Moderator Staff Member

I do believe that "normal" video games are not a problem, other than you do need to have your PS2 chip modified of course.

HomerJ

6. sirmugen

sirmugen Regular member

Rob

You can do a direct copy of a PS2 game with nero. You also need to mod you PS2.

Good Luck

sirmugen

7. rubberman

rubberman Regular member

go here to find out what movies will fit on 1 DVDR. Some can be backed up fully, some movie only and some have to be reencoded or split to 2 dvdrs. http://members.optushome.com.au/cdromguide/

All PS2 games will fit on a DVD-r. The biggest i've seened so far is Vice City which was a tad over 4gigs.

8. monteca

monteca Regular member

use prassi primo and create a global image.
    Auto insert notification off. all dvd based games minus like 3 are smaller than 4.37 gigs!

9. palicca

palicca Member

How about if burner doesnt support Prassi PrimoDVD? Is there any other program like that for Ps2 & Xbox Backups?