1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Few Burning Issues!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by psm112, Feb 20, 2003.

1. psm112

psm112 Member

Hi,

I have a couple of questions about backing up CD's using Alcohol 120%, downloadnow max 4.5 and CDRWin.

I have a Lite-On 48x24x48x (I cant find a support website anywhere for this product..firmware .e.t.c)

Why do i only get the option for 48x or 24x write in max download, it was a trial version but i cracked it.
    I also assume that you select DAO RAW. Why is their no option to burn image XA/Mode 2?

I installed 3.9c CDRWin but it does not support my CD Writer it sais when i load it up, but when i look at their
    support page it says they do support the Lite-On range, how can this be if i have the very latest version???

In alcohol 120% i select the Play Station 2 option and burn DAO RAW but do you tick the EFM box and the sub channel box???

Has anyone burnt Medal of Honour, Pro Evolution 2 or Colin McRae 3 with the rip kits provided on the web and any one of the above burning programs. I have tried burning at 4x on maxwell media (40x rated) and i still get a white or black screen after the Playstation2 LOGO and the games wont load.

Even when they get burnt using max download or Alcohol120% they dont seem to
    burn in Mode 2/XA (as far as i know) and i read on this forum somewhere that it has to be Mode 2 / XA or the games will never work under any circumstances (and this is why NERO is hopeless)

My console has Messiah 2 chip (V7 MB) and works with original DVD games!

But i am just burning coasters. Is it media, the rip kits, the writing software.........

Lots of questions i know but i have seen threads with these questions in also that were never answered so could help quite a few people.

The coasters do actually burn correctly (but dont run) and all files appear on CD and i have even run a dvd checker over these rip kits at the end and found nothing wrong

Thanks

2. psm112

psm112 Member

Somebody if not all of you must use this software, please help!

3. psm112

psm112 Member

I have managed to backup a psx game successfully does this mean my chip will be ok with all dvd copys also?

4. 144000

144000 Guest

i think its the media, that happened to me and i changed the dvd+r media to another brand and whhhaaaammm! it worked. hope that helps.

peace

5. 144000

144000 Guest

oh yeah, and i did a backup of MEDAL OF HONOR.

6. 144000

144000 Guest

opps, sorry, your talking about dvd rips. i did dvd+r'zz.