1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a few noob questions

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by cman675, Apr 17, 2007.

1. cman675

cman675 Member

alrihgt so i am pretty new to all this, i have been browsing modding forumns for a while but i have never got my hands dirty. i have a samsung, i'm not sure which one, but i was just wondering with very little knowledge would it be wise for me to flash my drive? i have read alot of tuts, but am still kinda confused, if i do it step by step i'm sreu id be fine but still worried. also, i keep seeing that you cant play backups of different regions if you flash your drive...well this is a big problem as i am planning on being in australia for about 8 months, and one reason i was hoping i could make bakc ups is so that i woudln't have to buy an aussie machine. so is this true? if so, can you have both a modchip like nme or globe and flashed dvd drive? thanks for your time

2. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

it is actualy very easy to flash you drive. but you need to know some thins before you do that. what firmware you currently have and what firmware you need. you also need to make sure that you have the right hardware in you computer. so if you feel comfortable flashing your drive then you should do it but if you get confused or are not sure what to do next i probably wouldnt do it. also a modchip is not that great. it costs money and does the exact same thing as flashing your drive. and there are ways to get rid of region stuff on games and changing the region. try a google search for converting ntsc to pal. also i would recomend downloading the pdf hacking the xbox 360 for dummies. it is a good guide and it got me through flashing my drive

3. cman675

cman675 Member

awesome thanks for the help man, i will take a look into that now.

4. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

cool and if you need anything else just ask

5. cman675

cman675 Member

thanks, i coudln't find anything about converting from ntsc to pal for 360. unless the process is the same for videos?

6. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

i dont know but i have seen people hack the region coding to make it region free so that it can play on any console.

7. cman675

cman675 Member

yeah i thought that i've seen it somewhere too, but i will keep looking haha. thanks for the help

8. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

not for 360 you havent, it cant be done yet, no one has cracked that yet but there are so games that come region free...

9. cman675

cman675 Member

do you know if it can ever be cracked through firmware hacks? or would it have to be done through some other method?

10. jelle2503

jelle2503 Regular member

actually the regioncode is in the .xex files on the discs... these are the 360 executables
    since .xex files are signed specifically to work with a PAL 360 console, you can't "hack" these files, since it'd become an unencrypted file afterwards, thus it would not work with a 360 anymore.
    So there you have it, we're lucky that games are sometimes made region-free allowing the community to pirate worldwide, unlike EA games.

Untill homebrew bios and everything there's no go for playing EA NTSC on a PAL system.

11. cman675

cman675 Member

hmm thats kinda dissapoint, basically destroys my reason for impuslively buying my TS-H352C, but oh well. i guess i will have to look into modchips then? any suggestsions? isn't it nme vs globe? and nme backups have to be backedup a specific way right?

12. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

all that means is that you cant buy games in austrailia. you will have to get off ebay. you can still play all the games you have now

13. cman675

cman675 Member

do you know if there is a difference between an oem TS-H352C and a regular one when backing up 360 gameS?

14. steimy

steimy Active member

yeah, the OEM one just comes as the drive and costs less. The other comes in the retail box and cost more. That is the only difference.