1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Few Questions About 20gb Ps3, Regarding wifi and latest firmware

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by parabolee, Jun 21, 2007.

1. parabolee

parabolee Member

I am looking into buying a PS3 soon, and since I intend to install a larger hard drive myself I really don't see much need in buying a 60GB version. Except it's ability to connect to the PSP that is.

The latest firmware update allows the PSP to connect to the PS3 via the internet aswell as via Wi-Fi. I am led to believe that there is no way for the 20GB to connect to the PSP normally as it requires Wi-Fi.

So my question is this, does the newly added ability to connect the PSP to the PS3 via the internet allow me to do pretty much anything the 60GB version allow through a normal network connection.

And is it possible to connect the PSP to the PS3 20GB if the PS3 is connecting hardwired through a Wi-Fi router in the same manner as the 60GB.

And if I buy the 60GB PS3 and connect via ethernet cable, will I still be able to connect my PSP to the PS3 via Wi-Fi?

Essentially I want to know just what I would be giving up functionality wise when it comes to buying the 20GB rather than the 60.

Thank you for any help with these questions!

2. parabolee

parabolee Member

I found an answer to this.

Apparently one of the firmware updates allow the PSP to connect to the PS3 via a wireless router (which I already have).

So I'm sorted, thanks!