1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A few questions about BIOS

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by JuveFan, Jan 9, 2007.

1. JuveFan

JuveFan Member

Greetings,

I currently have a modded GameCube with the Cobra 1.2 BIOS. Unfortunately I'm having numerous problems with DREs. And I heard that changing the BIOS could help with that.

Anyways, I got a torrent with all the available BIOS systems for the GameCube, I also got the new Cobra 2.1 BIOS. But I have a couple of questions concerning the matter.

1- Is there a way to install new BIOS without any extra hardware?
    2- If I switch to another BIOS and I want to go back to my current BIOS (I have the files for Cobra 1.2), how would it be done?
    3- What is the best BIOS system for the GameCube?

Thanks in advance.

2. Juhani_

Juhani_ Member

I have a Qoob Pro modchip so I don't know how to flash new bios to Viper, but I assume that it can be done by burning the bios file to cd or by connecting the console to a computer. Use Google to find a tutorial.

At least with Qoob Pro I can flash multiple bioses into modchip's memory, probably you can do that with Viper too. But like I said I don't have Viper modchip myself, so use Google to find more exact information about this.

You could try GCOS if you have problems with Viper's bios.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2007