1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A few questions about the fliptop cover

Discussion in 'PS2' started by y2kenji, Aug 29, 2003.

1. y2kenji

y2kenji Member

1. Would I have to play all games by lifting the cover up after replacing the cover, or can I still use the eject button?

2. Could my PS2 stand vertically with the fliptop cover?

Thank you

2. robert34

robert34 Guest

For playing originals, you dont need to use the fliptop.

For playing backups, you need to load swap magic or gs2 and use the fliptop to switch to your backup.

In general its not a good idea to put your ps2 vertically because the laser will tilt the other way and you may not have games working.

You could in theory use the fliptop while its standing, but it would be a lot harder.

3. y2kenji

y2kenji Member

Thanks.

Hmm...So I'm taking it that everyone who has a fliptop cover is standing their PS2 horizontally?

4. robert34

robert34 Guest

yes, unless they swap discs then put the ps2 vertical again, but thats just stupid.

5. jay33

jay33 Regular member

With the flip top there isn't even a need to use the cd tray, unless you have to use the cd loader.

6. calispeed

calispeed Member

i still eject though for normal games....cuz when i turn the PS2 on the RED light is on...i just eject and put my normal game in... better than using the flip top and then RESETing the ps2 so it wakes up, just my way of doin it!