1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a few questions about the v1-3

Discussion in 'PS2' started by account, Mar 18, 2004.

1. account

account Guest

1. how can you tell if you have a version 1, 2, or 3?
    2. how do i get to the back side of the v1, 2, or 3 board? i cant figure that out.
    3. are there any sites that show how to get to the back of the mainboard?

2. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

i dont think there really is any difference between v1-v3....anyway if i were u, i wouldnt deal with any v1-v3

3. account

account Guest

why not?

im doing it cause my cousin is at my house and wants me to chip his version 1-3 ps2.

abd there is a difference cause i looked at china-magic.com and if you go to the magic 3 install there are diagrams 3 of othem v1a, v1b, and v3 so does that mean theres no version 2 or sumthin and how do i get to the back side of the mainboard

4. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

i dont know about installing chips on them all i know is i tried to get a chip installed on my v1 and like it jst didnt work cuz of the system not the laser cuz i tried a new laser and it didnt work, so i ended up just buying a pre mod

5. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

I know of nobody yet who has been able to get to the back side of the motherboard on a v1-3 PS2. They use a 2-piece construction and the pieces are soldered together by a heavy duty 4-pin power connector either myself or any modder I know has been able to figure out how to disconnect. The only wire that's soldered to that side is supposedly the SCEX wire to enable PS1 backup booting although I have not confirmed this. As far as diagrams go, the v1-3 machines are all relatively identical. Simply match the diagram up to the one that most closely matches what you have although it's not really worth it. I actually pulled one of these old machines apart once and found that it didn't match any known diagram.