1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A few questions about universal unbricker v3

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Smokingq, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Smokingq

Smokingq Member

uwhat's the difference between "Universal Unbricker V3 Using FAT 1.50 or FAT/SLIM custom firmware PSP and the "Universal Unbricker V3 Using Official Firmware FAT/SLIM PSP" guide? From the reading, it seems to be the same procedure. I m a bit confuse about it. The reason i asked is because, first i have a fat psp with official firware 2.71. larrylje guided me thru to upgrade it to 3.52m33-4. using that psp i created a pandora battery and a magic memory stick (which i still have). i used it to upgrade my slim psp 3.71 official firware to 3.71m33-4. Using that same pandora battery and magic stick, i upgraded the my fat psp from 3.52m33-4 to 3.71m33-4. both works fine. Now i have another fat psp with official firmware 2.71. which guide should i use? can i used the pandora battery and magic stick on this fat psp with official firmware?
    thanx for help.
    smoke

2. rickem

rickem Regular member

Best bet is to start a fresh memory stick 512+ and install the UPMS v3 magic memory stick. That way you have a choice of installing 3.71M33 or 380M33-5. It also has alot of extras like hellcat(downgrade to 1.5), Key cleaner, Mux21(used to load updates and such. Its the Ultimate MMS. But if I were you and the fat your upgrading do it with DCv4 cause it doesn't have to patch key 5 to uprade to CFW, it bypasses it and trust me if you have a T-86 board you won't regret it. here

Last edited: Feb 16, 2008