1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Few Questions, again :)

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by mike172, Jun 9, 2007.

1. mike172

mike172 Member

Allrite.

So firstly. Ive got 3.10 OE-A. What file (provide a link please ?)do i need to install now, which version ? and how do i install it lol ?

1.what are the benefits.
    2.What are the drawbacks ?

Secondly. Im having some trouble playing some psx games on the psp. Ive dug all my old Tomb raider disks out and managed to make an eboot of TR3, works fine, dandy. Did the same with TR2 but its screwed, gets to the title, play the game and then it freezes. Problem with the version im using ?

Same happens with TR1 too.

2. mike172

mike172 Member

3. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

what do you mean by what file do you need to install? n which version of what?
    benefits and drawbacks of???

n id use 3.40oe for psx games.

4. mike172

mike172 Member

So my real questions are -

1. I have 3.10 OE-A installed right now. Ive downlaoded 3.40OE-A, im ok to jump to the install straight away am i not ? dont have to do the previous versions first do i ?

2. What are the benefits of 3.40 OEA ?
    3. What are the drawbacks, if any ? will i need to save my save games and my iso images allready on the memory card before installing it ? ?

4. After i have installed 3.40 OE-a will i be able to downlaod and use custom backgrounds, by this i mean the XMB moving ones, i want a black one in all honesty, with the moving waves, just like the defailt themes.
    5. Agaian, ive seen some pics of custom backgrounds and buttons.

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/1374/screen1zn3.png

how does this work, where can i get them and how do i install them ? i know nothing about these. Can i make my own and if so how do i make my own. links to download pages or tutorials would be super.

5. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

id say 3.40oe is better as bugs from previous firmwares(such as 3.10oe) will have been fixed.
    you can upgrade to any custom firmware from 3.10oe so no, you dont ave to downgrade first. you can find downloads for the custom firmwares here;

as for customizing, id say 3.03oe-c or 3.30oe-a are the best for that. customizing the themes and menus and what ever else is done by changing files in the psp's flash0. if you dont no what your doing its not really a good idea to do it as its not hard to mess up.
    just google custom psp menus or someting.

6. mike172

mike172 Member

well, i think ill go for 3.30oe-a. Is that verion good with psx games ? as im having trouble playing them. And is it good with the ISO/CSO playing from mem card side of things ? See 3.10 seems perfectly fine to me as far as iso's are concerned, but im having trouble playing the eboots of other psx games, i only want to play tomb raider games as well as be able to play the iso's/

I mean, whats 3.40 oea got over 3.30oea ?

Basically. I want to be able to-

a. customoze the backgrounds and menu icons + the fonts
    b. Play ISO/CSO images form the memory card
    c. Play PSX games, only tomb raider games thugh, as GT2 is really naff lol.

so from that, which version is best ?

Thanks for the help bud!!!

7. mike172

mike172 Member

bumpity

8. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

go for 3.30oe-a then mate. thats what i use and all my menus, icons, etc are custom. and i never have a problem getting iso's or psx games working.
    also, if you like tomb raider so much, why not get the psp version? its not bad.

9. 1OFDEM

1OFDEM Regular member

I think bumps go against the forum rules...just trying to warn you before a mod sees it.

10. mike172

mike172 Member

Old ones are the best mate :)

Ive installed the 3.330 oea now, and ive managed to get custom xmb waves, and also i have instaklled both a new font and a theme pack but im not ovely keen on it. I really like the origional anyways lol.

Can you tell me where i can get a black background, the black theme, which i can have the waves on too please ? So you can have waves and change the colour like you can anyways, only change it to black ?

Havent had time to play any of my psp iso's, but my eboots dont work now. ill keep trying though.

Cheers for the help.

11. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

try having a look about on www.qj.net or somewhere like that.
    i got my customizing stuff from all over the place. just googled and found stuff.