1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A few questions regarding disc read errors and the slim ps2's

Discussion in 'PS2' started by zpoop, Jan 28, 2007.

1. zpoop

zpoop Member

I've had a normal ps2 for about 4-5 years now, never had a problem with it. About 2 years ago I bought the swap magic discs and a fliptop for it, again everything worked great. Sometime last year on occasion it would give me a disc read error on my swap magic discs, not a big deal it would load 90% of the time but I would get those errors every now and then.

Now recently, my discs will work maybe 1 of 10 tries. Yesterday I tried to play a game and just gave up because it wouldn't read the swap magic discs. It's also making a LOT of strange noises when trying to read the discs, like a grinding sound I guess. Any suggestions on how I can fix this? I tried cleaning the lens with rubbing alcohol and a q-tip but that didn't seem to help.

If all else fails I'm thinking of buying a new ps2 but all they sell are the slim ps2's. My question about the slims is do they read DVD+R's? Just about all of my Back-ups are DVD+R's and I hear some ps2's have trouble reading DVD+R's. And do they make fliptops for slim ps2's?

Thanks in advance for any advice on this.

2. jenko6a

jenko6a Guest

for ur fat ps2 just type ps2 "disk read error" in google and the first result is very helpful.

Slim ps2's do play dvd+r and they there are fliptops for them but i chip would be a lot better. Maybe look for a premod