1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A few questions, that are pretty much obscure

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Solidus78, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Solidus78

Solidus78 Member

1) Does the new Swap Disc 3.3 (CD) require you to use a HIGH TOC disk such as CD Breaker in order to play 700mb+ games?

2) I bought Swap Disc 3.2 when it was brand new becuase my American mentatlity of NEWER is better blinded my eyes. I found out that Swap Disc 3.2 are nothing but a bunch of dud's that do not work.

I was so furious when i found this out, i mean by the end of the process in setting and trying it out my PS2 was hanging together by tape lol.

Heres the question is version 3.3 reliable? I might order that it and try my hand at making backups again if so.

3) I forgot the link to the website that contains programs such as CDLOADER and DVDLOADER can someone please post these links?

Thanks, i appreciate the help

2. Solidus78

Solidus78 Member

3. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

SwapMagic v3.2 works fine. However, being an older version it does require cd/dvdloader for quite a few games.

v3.3 is very reliable. It eliminated the need for much of the cd/dvdloader usage. I haven't used the cd boot disc often enough to know the quality of that one though.

www.swapmagicfix.com might help.

4. syzable

syzable Guest

Swap Magic 3.3 CD is much better than the old ones. I've backed up games that wouldn't work before but work perfectly with 3.3

5. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

why was your ps2 hanging togeather by tape? you dont even neet to open it up for swap magic :)

6. Solidus78

Solidus78 Member

Ah exploration, i wanted to see if i could solder a mod chip. And after i found out my 3.2 Swap discs did not work, fustration set in and i abused my ps2 unfortunatly.

so with the 3.3 there is no need for a high toc disk such as CD Breaker?

7. Solidus78

Solidus78 Member

Anyone?

8. Solidus78

Solidus78 Member

Please help i'd like to order today and im not sure if i should buy a CD breaker or not

9. pretense

pretense Regular member

If I recall correctly, there never *was* a 3.2 DVD... the DVD packaged with the 3.2 set was actually a 2.0 DVDd.

As for the question itself, I don't quite understand it. Real PS2 CD games, which are what the Swap Magic CD plays, are only 635 MB or less. In order to play bigger games (that is, DVDs ripped to CD), you'll need the Breaker Pro (also necessary for PS1 games) for sure. Moreover, you may get better compatibility with the Breaker Pro for real PS2 CD games. The Swap Magic 3.3 DVD is great, but the CD is a bit hit-and-miss when it comes to game compatibility: a good number of games work, but a fairly significant percentage doesn't, from my experience.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2005
  10. Doulley

Doulley Guest

go on swapo magics web site i forget the name of the site usefull info there

11. hatebreed

hatebreed Guest

Sm 3.3 is very reliable..before i bought it 2 weeks before i couldnt play lots of my back ups..most are EA games.. like fight night round 2 ,mvp baseball,nba live 2005.. but when i started using sm 3.3 it made all my backups working.. i used Action Replay swapping before tho..

12. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

havent tried sm with cd games much.
    so far havent had anything that wont boot on dvd though.

unless you want dvd rips get the sm set, otherwise spend a bit more and get breaker pro aswell

13. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

I have never heard of a CD version of any PS1 or PS2 CD games ever being larger than 700 mb. PS2 DVD-roms are, and of course you burn those to DVD-/+R. So question 1 doesn't even make sense Solidus78. Swap Magic v3.3 is very reliable, I have used it with about 250+ backups, the cd version for cd's and the dvd version for dvd's, and have only had to use the actual fix disc on like 2 games, one being Champions return to arms. Using Nero or DVD decrypter to burn these.

14. meowmie

meowmie Member

My Slide tool from modchipstore came with both cd and dvd loaders.

However, I thought PS2 games were all DVDs? Should I be using CD's instead of DVD's? How can I tell which is which?

15. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

its mainly old ps2 games that are on cd, pretty much everything now is dvd.

you can tell by the filesize though, anything over 700mb will be dvd. or just look on the game box it will say dvd rom

16. meowmie

meowmie Member

Thankyou!
    Since giving birth the little one has been nothing but trouble. Now I am learning how to backup everything that she can possibly get her hands on. Think not having children would have been easier