1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a few questions

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Jslayer, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Jslayer

Jslayer Guest

I have a few problems that i need help with...I am running Evox D6 ejectfix dashboard, with evox BIOS and an X2 pro installed

1st of all - what folder do i select to make the xiso of a game...the "D" folder or the folder that contains the "D" folder. I bought Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge, then when i got home i FTP'd to my hd then made an xiso, choosing the "D" folder as the folder containing the files to make the iso. then i burned it with alcohol (i couldnt find out how to make nero smartstart to make an iso dvd). the xbox reads it is a game, but when i select "Launch DVD" it goes to the screen that says evolutionx then just goes back to the dashboard

2nd - I am trying to upgrade my BIOS to the Xecuter2 BIOS, i downloaded it and used X2BM to make it into a 1 mb file. I then used nero to create an image of this and a folder containing the dummy files that another forum said i needed. when i put it into the xbox it just comes up with the evox dash and says either "unknown" or "no disc." i tried cd-r, dvd-r, and dvd+rw for this, none worked

Can anyone help me with either of these problems...it would be greatly appreciated __X_X_X_X_X_[small]Jslayer[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2003
  2. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

crimson skies needs to have the xbe patched, ty using craxtion to patch the xbe and make the iso.

3. Jslayer

Jslayer Guest

do all new games need to be patched?
    and also im a noob :(, so where could i get a tutorial to do this

4. darthnip

just google for craxtion, i think it's the 2nd link that will comeup is where you can download it. just ftp the game from your xbox to the PC, then run craxtion and selct the gaem folder, it will aptc hthe xbe automatically and create the xISO if you have the latest version. then burn that iso with nero or whatever

5. Jslayer

Jslayer Guest

now what all do i have to get, just the latest version, or the OCX and Runtime files also

6. MikeDDR

MikeDDR Regular member

Everything, else the program won't run at all

Last edited: Nov 15, 2003
  7. Jslayer

Jslayer Guest

hmmm i got everything in the downloads section except the upgrade, and used the install wizard and it installed, now what to i click on to start it

8. darthnip

ISOcraxtion.exe

9. Jslayer

Jslayer Guest

when i try to open ISOcraxtion.exe, it comes up with a window that says:

Invalid arguments passed!
    ISOcraxtion usage: ISOcraxtion -xiso_name directory_to_extract_to

10. darthnip

did you get the OCX error patch? try that, and try reinstalling it to a different directory.

11. Jslayer

Jslayer Guest

yeah o got the OCX patch, and i reinstalled it to a different directory, same thing.

is the OCX patch named "solution" when its downloaded?

12. darthnip

13. Jslayer

Jslayer Guest

well what do i do with it...do i have to install it or something?

i still got the same error message when i tried to open ISOcraxtion

14. darthnip

there are instructions that come with the solution patch, you gotta exctract those files to a coupel of different directories. you run the main file that you downloaded for craxtion and install it to "whatever" directory then go to that directory and run the ISOcraxtion.exe. what OS are you running?

15. Jslayer

Jslayer Guest

do you mean the instructions that are the text file? i dont understand what thats saying, it only has like 3 lines, and im not that good with computers, so i dont understand...is there any possibility that you could give a step-by-step?

one of the downloads that was on the site was the installation wizard, so i just used that and installed it to C:/program files/craxtion, which was the default...

im running Windows XP home_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Jslayer[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2003
  16. Jslayer

Jslayer Guest

nevermind, i took a closer look at it. Now when i run it it comes up with a window that has a grid, says creation mode. then i went to tools/patch xbe, now im copying the uploaded game i have to anoyher directory so if something goes wrong i still have it and i dont have to re-ftp...now what xbe file to i patch? the default xbe?_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Jslayer[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2003
  17. Jslayer

Jslayer Guest

ok im making really good progress...i am making the iso at the moment, and all xbes were patched. After i have successfully made the iso, what type of media should i use? I have DVD-R and DVD+RW

18. Jslayer

Jslayer Guest

YES!!! i made my first game copy and it worked. now i want to know how to upgrade the BIOS. I have the evox D6 ejectfix BIOS on there now, and i want to put the latest X2 bios on. i downloaded the file and used X2BM to make it into a 1mb file. but when i tried to load it onto the xbox it didnt work.

I would like to thank darthnip for all of his help in letting me backup my first game

19. darthnip

as far as upgrading the bios, i cant help ya there, i run the matrix chip which only allows the 256k bios. try xbox-scene.com, you should be able to find guides on anything there