1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A few questions.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Kinuvan, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Kinuvan

Kinuvan Member

Hi, so you all new, I am new to this forum, and I know jack-all about computers, and as you will see, consoles as well. I know you don't like repeat questions but I read through as many posts as I could and I couldnt find my answers, so here is what I would like to ask, and hope I don't get banned for it *cross fingers*:

I have PS2 with a U3... serial number.

I only have a dvd-rom and an external usb cd-burner, I have access to a DVD-burner at a friends house, but it's very inconvinient.

I want to be able to burn and play new release PS2 games (note: I will "buy" all the games I burn)

With the above information, is it possible for me to be able to burn and play games? If so, what do I need that I do not have? (Don't want to have to buy modchip, but I guess I could [is it available at retailers?]) And can I play ps2 dvd games by burning them to cds?

Thanks, sorry if this is inconviencing the board.

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

most answers to your questions are available in other posts but since you're so sorry for inconveiencing the board I'll help :p.

not sure what version a U3 is

you can backup dvd games to cd-r but it's very complicated/difficult and time consuming so, i'd recommend trying to perhaps borrow the dvd burner from your friend or just ask him to make the backups.

easiest way to play backups is with a mod chip but there are alternatives (swap magic discs with either a slide card or flip top)