1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A few questions

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by ncasx, Jun 18, 2007.

1. ncasx

ncasx Regular member

Hi,
    I haven't been following the XBOX 360 modsfor a while and i have some questions

1. pros and cons between chip and flashing the drive
    2. Does flashing work on all drives so far?
    3. Is there any chance of a new 360 from a store going to be flash compabiblity.
    4. Does the stealth flash thing need to burn the disk in a certain way.
    5. How do you burn 360 backups? same as ps2 and xbox1?
    6. Is there any thing to unban us from live. XBOX 1 had that chip replacement thing...
    thanks in advance

2. steimy

steimy Active member

all of thise could be found by looking through old threads but i will try and simplify it.

1. pros and cons between chip and flashing the drive
    A flash can be reversed and is much cheaper to do. Most people flash the drive.

2. Does flashing work on all drives so far?
    No, there are a few out there that do not yet have firmware. And i do not think you can mod the new Elite version

3. Is there any chance of a new 360 from a store going to be flash compabiblity.
    If you have on of the flashable drives you can flash it.

4. Does the stealth flash thing need to burn the disk in a certain way.
    No, stealth is the image itself containing all the needed files (SS, DMI, PFI) but burning the ISO is no different. YOu can have just the SS file and burn it and the game will work but i would not reccomend it if you can avoid it. and never take a non-stealth version on Xbox Live. If you never plan to use Xbox Live then having a stealth ISO is only required if you have a Hitachi drive, or a Samsung with the new iXtreme firmware.

5. How do you burn 360 backups? same as ps2 and xbox1?
    Yes, except that they are burned on DVD9 (dual layer) discs. Burning the actual ISO is no different. If you are backing up an origianl you need to start searching since unlike the old Xbox the 360 can not just FTP the files to your PC.

6. Is there any thing to unban us from live. XBOX 1 had that chip replacement thing...
    No, they ban your console ID. Once that happens that console can not access Live. You have to buy another one. Your Xbox Live account will still be active even if your console is banned so you can recover it on a new console.