1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A few questions

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Carn134, May 24, 2012.

1. Carn134

Carn134 Member

Hi there. Im completely noob when it comes to xbox modding. I have successfully flashed my Hitachi to lt 2.0. i've burned 2 games successfully (tom clancys latest and prototype 2) but when i insert the disc, it recognizes it as a game but after i click on play game it gives me an unrecognized disk error and takes me back to the dashboard. What could be the problem there?

Also i wanted to ask what exactly is a patch wave?

Thanks!

2. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

How did you burn the games? Both of those games are XGD3 and must be burned using a Burner Max burner.

3. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member

Also what discs are you using?

4. 360lifer

360lifer Regular member

They don't have to be burnt with the special burner. Only game I'm 100% that does require it is Forza 4. Binary Domain might require it as well. Other then those two, using the truncate method works.

The problem he is probably having is that Hitachi's don't have LT3 so I doubt new games will work on it. I mean, thats why I constantly see people asking why there is no progress for them for LT3.

Best bet is to get an x360key and ditch custom firmware forever.

5. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

LT+ 2.0 and 2.0b for Hitachi drives support XGD3 games, but not truncated ones. They have to be burned with a Burner Max burner.

Click the little + sign next to the version details for each drive here: -

http://c4evaspeaks.com/

You'll see that it says: -

6. richietea

richietea Regular member

Yep Funksoulb is right.You will have to wait for version 3.0 firmware for your drive.No truncated burns are supported this is why you are getting thrown back to your dash.Buy a IHAS b drive and mod the firmware with burnermax this will enable you to burn the full iso of your games.Funksoulb has provided the link you need if you are unsure.