1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a FREE avi to dvd converter that doesnt leave a tag

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Paesano, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Paesano

Paesano Member

ive been searching and searching for a free version that converts the whole file not just 1 min of it and doesnt leave a tag that says remove this tag by buying the full version.

PLEEEEEEEEEASSSSSSSSSSE! help me

appreciate any feedback

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

3. Paesano

Paesano Member

i tried it but it is a winzip file and when i download it it automatically opens winzip and it is empty there is no files.

4. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

I just downloaded it from the page I linked to and I got an executable in the zip file.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2005
  5. Veblin

Veblin Active member

6. Paesano

Paesano Member

thanks for the replys

Veblin that program is terrible it is soooooooooooooo slow it took over 3 hours to convert a movie thanks n e way

n e body klnow n e other free programs???

7. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

TMPGenc 2.5 or XPress 3 are very good, but you need a serial to have MPEG-2 encoding for > 30 days.
    And do not expect to make this work in less time than hours!
    More: making a DVD from an AVI is a waste of time. Its quality has already been spolied by the 4.5 GB VOB --> 700/900 MB AVI process.
    Making a VCD or a SVCD is more fast and gives the same final quality ì, whith the only drawback that 1 CD-ROM = 80' VCD or approx (you use VBR, not CBR) 50' SVCD.

8. Paesano

Paesano Member

aldaco12 ive heard a lot about making VCDS and SVCDS... do they work in a Home DVD player, and do you know a good free program?

Thanks

9. Minion

Minion Senior member

aldaco12: I don"t know why you allways say this because it is not exactly Right:

So you want to ruin it even more by encodeing to VCD?

I don"t know what DivX/XviD Files you have been looking at but most that I get are Close to DVD Resolution and have Near DVD quality and when I add a couple Filters and encode them to Mpeg-2 for DVD they are very Close to Full DVD quality and that is with 2 90min Movies per DVD.....

Also VCD and SVCD Formats are DVD Compatible so you can easilly Put VCD and SVCD files on to DVD Without "Re-Encodeing" which is a Lot better than Putting them on to CD-R because you generally have to Put most movies on 2 CD-r"s and CD-R"s Cost just as Much as DVD-R"s but you can Fit 4 Full VCD movies on a DVD-R or 2 or 3 SVCD Movies on a DVD-R....Or instead of encodeing to Mpeg-2 at 480+480 for SVCD encode to Mpeg-2 at 352+480 which is 100% DVD compliant has the same or better quality as SVCD and can Put multiple Movies on each DVD-R.....

You really should not Consider were the Source File came from (eg: DVD Ripped to DivX) to decide what you are going to do with the File, You should Look at the Quality and resolution and then decide what Format is best to encode to ..So if the AVI file is a High resolution High Quality AVI file then you would get the best quality if you make a Full D1 or Half D1 DVD but if it is a Low Resolution medum to low quality File then maybe VCD would be better because it is allready Low res and low quality......

Cheers

10. fez1122

fez1122 Member

VSO's DivxtoDvd only took so long because of your computer. I am running on an almost brand new computer and I can convert a full 700 mb divx file to dvd in an hour. I've also tried winavi and it took just as long and i was very disatisfied with the results. VSO's software is hands down the best considering its free.

11. Paesano

Paesano Member

fez1122

ive tried winavi the trial version it was fast it took about 30 min but it left a tag that said pay $30 to remove this.

12. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member