1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A game that teaches you how to drive?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by jordan25, Oct 27, 2008.

1. jordan25

jordan25 Regular member

Hi, i just purchased the official xbox 360 steering wheel and pedals and i was wondering if there's any game that will teach you how to drive, or helps you on how to drive or basically just help your driving skills in some way. Could someone please tell me the name of the game and how it helps? Thanks.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. schweet

schweet Guest

Forza 2 would be your best bet.

It teaches you how to pick lines through corners etc.

It's a racing sim though, not a learn-to-drive aid. There isn't anything like that.

4. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

the best game would be to get in the drivers seat with your mom or dad, as there is not a driving game out there that is like real life experience unless your a girl, in that case you could try crazy taxi. i never met a women that could drive. ;)

my daudhter made her learners permit about 4 months ago, it realy is just like crazy taxi with her.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  5. db5304

db5304 Regular member

Yea you definitely are not going to find a game that is like driving in real life. You can never simulate the ignorance of so many of the drivers on the road (to me it seems very random, but far too often). However if you are looking for a game that has a very realistic feel i would try the games by codemaster's. Toca 2 is a great game (a few years old now but is still a great game) with several different realism settings with driving aids. I believe it also supports force feedback w/that wheel, and pressure sensitive throttle. Grid is the newest game by them and was also excellent, however the way they set it up it seems to have a bit more of a arcade-ish feel to it. However all of these game are racing simulations, and in no way should be compared to a realistic driving situation, especially since these are all specialized vehicles which are set up for racing (handling, acceleration, ect).

6. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

Haha Crazy Taxi god damn that's funny. I member that was the first game I played on my new PS2. Good memories

7. YOTA

YOTA Member

crazy taxi i played that on dream cast man was it cool drunk or sober. as for real life experience,try spinning your car out on mt. lemon.lol

8. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

I'll 2nd forza 2, the game is pretty realistic but in no way will it teach you how to drive. There are some things simulations aren't good with and that's odd situations. You can fly inverted in a 747 on flight simulator.... try that in real life.

Forza 2 your brakes will always work, you can't stall your car, you can't roll backwards down a hill, there's no traffic other than the racers that don't care if you're in the spot they're going for. There's no ice in the game.....I could go on and on.

Have your parents take you out on the road to get experience under your belt. I started out driving an astro van late 90's, it was probably the slowest vehicle i've ever driven. This again proves forza can't simulate pos cars. You're parents aren't going to give you a car that goes 0-60 in 5 secs, has incredible handling and can stop on a dime. More than likely it will be some pos.... and that's how it's supposed to be.

This is how realistic simulations can be
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6H9mYUX5yw

that's enough info for right now.

9. champ2131

champ2131 Member

Try Burnout Paradise, that'll help....

10. varnull

varnull Guest

Watch it.. I have a class1 HGV and tracklaying licence. I can drive anything from a moped through dual steer articulated mulit-part to the thing that launches the shuttle.. legally.

Best driving sim... none.. because it doesn't matter when you smash into something or are drunk.

11. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Flatout ;)

12. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

Oh why not burnout revenge while you're at it, we know how realistic that game is.

13. yzrider22

yzrider22 Regular member

Ya Grid! He will be drifting in no time LOL.Atleast thats what I wish.
    My car just don't have the power so I just E-brake it.Maybe when the snow flies alittle bit more, I will be Drifting into SnowBanks.

Like they said getting behind the Wheel is the best trainer of all.
    Maybe a field car or something.

14. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

varnull you can be the exception to what fudpucker said if it makes you feel better.

The majority of women driving...just shouldn't be on the road...i'm sorry. After doing maintenance on womens cars you'll find that some go through fully ceramic brake pads in a year....yes a year. The rotors warp like crazy from women slamming on the brakes instead of easing on them. They almost always glaze over the pad making it harder for them to stop. I'm sure there are a lot of guys that drive this way too but the majority, probably about 75% of women do not know how to drive.

Anyway...
    Those games are not even close to realistic, you're not realistically going to drive a 500hp fwd 4cyl car. I can tell you from experience driving my eclipse, evos, supras, 300zx's and even a whipple cobra, none of those games are realistic. If you punch it in real life you will lose control.

i would almost say gta4 (yes grand theft auto) is realistic driving (especially those big older cars) but nothing is realistic enough to teach you how to drive.

Driving in the rain/snow has to be one of the hardest things to learn. Relying on the stripes when visibility is low is something you have to learn and experience. No game is going to make it as bad as it gets in real life.

Driving a fast car in the rain has to be one of the most dangerous things there is. Even if the road is just damp, a high hp car isn't going to have traction to handle if you drive it like you do in the game.

So again... just take your time learning, it takes experience to be able to drive.

The preceding post has been brought to you by The C4RN1 is Effin Crazy Foundation

15. CawkFour

CawkFour Regular member

i say if you're looking for a game to sim a real life event, go for guitar hero. once you learn to shred on that, you can go down to guitar center and pick up a real guitar. next thing you know... rock star status. then you don't have to drive anywhere cause your tour manager or groupies will take you everywhere.

16. assman21

assman21 Guest

Can I get her number?

17. noproblem

noproblem Guest

even though there is no true racing sim, i know that playing racing video games growing up has helped me with my driving, if something crazy were to happen it is like instinct. i couldve been hurt very badly doing stupid things, but flashing back to a game i was able to get the car back under control. it is kind've amazing actually. i have two other friends who agree with me about this.

18. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

yeea, i dont see why not.
    here it is, 38--s-p-e-c-i-a-l upside your head!