1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a good/cheap u.s./ canadian website for modchips/swap magic

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by davidleal, Nov 20, 2004.

1. davidleal

davidleal Member

Hi guys im a newbie to this whole thing and was wondering if you guys new any really cheap and good sites for mod-chips, fliptops, and anything to do with the sory. Thanks for any and all help
    dave.

2. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

I just bought a fliptop and Swapmagic combo from consolesource.com for $42 after shipping. It arrived 4 days after I placed the order in fine condition. I've heard others recommend it to, so its probably a safe bet.

3. 916Prince

916Prince Member

Well, for CDN, gocybershop.ca was good for me...I ordered and three days later it came...worked great...

Cost 60 CDN but that's because I went with overnight shipping...

4. CoorsLite

CoorsLite Guest

you should of got a slide card. flip top bored is bull shit to take off the top of the cover

5. gee32

gee32 Guest

Don't go with the slide card, it will weaken your Ps2 tray motor and other components over time. For people that have time to do it prefectly, the fliptop is your best bet.
    Consolesource.com has been the cheapiest the only thing is that there fliptop case don't line up right. I've probably done about 30 ps2 and on everyone the post that the ejection button sits on, it is to long you need to file this down, make sure that you only file the part that the screw goes into not the little stub that is next to it cause that is what actually holds the ejection button. Make sure that the bottom of the lid and the bottom tray line up perfectly (with no lips at all) or your disc will spin at an angle. Good luck.!!!

6. davidleal

davidleal Member

ALright thanks for all of your help im now thinking of buying a fliptop from consolesource.com thanks again.
    dave.

7. phil31169

phil31169 Regular member

modchipguy.com is a great place.
    i have messiah 2 pro.
    no fliptop swapping just throw the backup in (anytime) and it boots like the retail game. best deal on the planet

8. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

i also recommend consolesource

9. vahif

vahif Guest

REMOVED

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2004