1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A good deed needed to save a video

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Brakeman97, May 4, 2013.

1. Brakeman97

Brakeman97 Member

I have an elderly Aunt that was on tv once on a rather silly one season show with her late husband. The show they were on was called the "outsider's Inn." They are the older couple that are the inn's first visitors, Carrie Lou and Hoot Whitehead. The show promised a copy of the episode to them but never came through. I have a poor quality video capture from tv and my aunt was never able to get the dvd copy I burnt for her to work, but she never told me about the problem. Now years later I found out from my father (Her brother) that she had never gotten to see it. So I am now trying to get a good copy to her to see. She doesn't have a computer or internet service, so watching it online doesn't work for her.
    I have bought a copy of the episode (1st) on Itunes, and the quality is great, but of course I cant burn it to dvd easily because of the M4v DRM. My computer is too slow to use a grabbing program to capture it playing in Itunes, so I'm stumped. I would gladly pay any reasonable fee to get a dvd copy but neither Amazon nor Itunes has an option to purchase a dvd of this episode.

-------amazon-com/Outsiders-Get-Inn/dp/B001EDRTPG/ref=sr_1_1?s=instant-video&ie=UTF8&qid=1367723573&sr=1-1&keywords=outsider%27s+inn

Could any of you video heros help my Aunt? What could I do?

The Episode I need is episode 1 season 1. Outsiders Inn. I'd post a link but I can't.

Thanks for any advice and help!

Brakeman97

Last edited: May 5, 2013
  2. attar

attar Senior member

I haven't access to any DRM material, so can't offer much.
    I wonder if a video card that has an svideo output would bypass it (it being analog, not digital).
    Try posting at the VideoHelp site in addition to Afterdawn.
    http://forum.videohelp.com/

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

So why can't it be converted to drm free if you have the physical file i can't see what the issue is apart from cracking the drm all that's needed is a free conversion software

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSQYGIJuSe4

4. Brakeman97

Brakeman97 Member

I tried that program, but my computer cant play the video and capture without stuttering and crashing. I was never able to burn the even the 10 minutes section allowed in the trial. I would evidently have to upgrade my hardware ($300 +) and buy the program
    ($39.99 +). I thought that a bit steep for this month's budget. I would gladly pay $20 or $30 bucks to do this for my aunt, but I cant afford to buy a new computer and the works right now.

I had hoped to find one of you pros that I could pay to convert it for me, or perhaps tell me how I could do it with different programs. Even finding the show somewhere that I could get it already in DVD format would be fantastic.

The show only costs $1.99 on Amazon and Itunes. If somebody could convert it for me I would happily pay them for their trouble.

Last edited: May 5, 2013
  5. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

send me the file via skype if you like, i will burn it to dvd and post the disc, only thing is i am in the uk

6. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

all i am going to do is take the drm off and burn with convert X, plenty of places if you look around for convert X with serial

7. Brakeman97

Brakeman97 Member

I could send you the Itunes encrypted file, but I've been told that all of the decryption programs use the personalized Itunes decryption first then copy from the output. I've not heard of anyone that can yet decrypt without the signed in Itunes account. I would be thrilled to send you the file, or even send you the money to buy the file from your end to make it easier. Investigate it and let me know which is best.

Thanks a million.

8. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

pm sent