1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Good Year?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by N2DVD, Feb 25, 2007.

1. N2DVD

N2DVD Regular member

This title is scheduled for release this Tuesday 02/27/07 and if it was intended to cause a problem its not apparent here in this AnyDVD status data I've posted below. Though this title does not have Arccos or Macrovision those in charge of authoring this title had to know that coupling this movies special features together with the main movie and title would cause a problem for anyone attempting to create a back up title.

A problem that makes it impossible to back up this title with menus and extras. What you will experience when attempting to do so is that the menu play tab triggers what appears to be normal play until you get to scene in the very begining where the camera is panning around the movies main character as a child sitting a table the screen then quickly shifts to the special features while the titles original audio plays as normal. This continues back and fourth from main title to special feature footage throughout the film making your back up unviewable.

I have settled for movie only so far which could only be accomplished by choosing the "Remake a DVD" feature in NERO 7 recode2. To simply choose main movie is not enough no matter if you are using NERO 7 CloneDVD2 or RipIt4Me because as I mentioned the main movie is couple with the special features making it impossible to choose one without the other using any other software I have or feature. I'm going to try one other method I'll see how that goes. It's not an encryption issue it's a DVD structure issue or at least I assume.:p Oh, I did not update to AnyDVD 6.1.2.5 as the update pertains to AnyDVD HD only which I have not yet purchased.:)

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.1.2.3)
    SONY DVD RW DRU-800A KY01 MAR08 ,2005
    Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
    Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
    Size of first Layer: 2068720 sectors (4040 MBytes)
    Total size: 4137438 sectors (8080 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: GOODYEAR_169
    Media is CSS protected!
    Video Standard: NTSC
    Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Found & removed RCE protection!
    DVD structure appears to be correct.
    Structural copy protection not found.
    Autorun not found on Video DVD.
    Bad sector protection not found.
    Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Tks for the heads up N2DVD

I'll pick it up on Tues and see what happens too. (not doubting you at all just looks like this one may be a good one to play with:) )

Keep us posted on the other method you're going to try.

3. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

@ N2DVD

Have u tried VobBlanker?

4. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

What is "Remake A DVD" feature in Nero 7 Recode 2. I don't see that..
    Is the the same as "Compile a DVD"???

5. binkie7

@LABOY
    Yep in Nero 6 it's called remake a dvd in Nero 7 it's called compile a dvd. Same diff.

6. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

Thanks Binkie7. It has been a while since I used Nero6, I must have forgotten..

7. binkie7

Not a problem LABOY
    I still use Nero 6 on 2 pc's and Nero 7 on another. Little easier for me to remember :)

8. N2DVD

N2DVD Regular member

Yep...same end result. Vob Blanker version 2.1.3.0b4 gives you a pop up indicating the following:

VTS08: Dectected 8 cells with pointers mismatched between VTS_C_ADT and PGC_PBK tables using VTS_C_ADT initial ending pointers.....

This is quite usual in ILV/multiangle VTSs, but Vob Blanker does not suppoert them, except in skip mode.

Note: This is an InterLeaVed VTS

List of Cells:

VTS 08, PGC 001, Cell 17
    VTS 08, PGC 001, Cell 18
    VTS 08, PGC 001, Cell 17
    VTS 08, PGC 001, Cell 18
    VTS 08, PGC 001, Cell 01
    VTS 08, PGC 001, Cell 02
    VTS 08, PGC 001, Cell 03
    VTS 08, PGC 001, Cell 04

The next pop-up said:

There is at least one ILV.
    The VTS containing these cells have been marked as SKIP.
    You can process them, but playback problem (small pauses)
    can appear in all PGCs originally containing ILV cells.

OK

Again the problem appears to be structural and can probably be fixed by omitting or blanking the problem cells. I have not figured this one out yet. So I have settled for a "Movie Only" back up with this title.:p?

9. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

@ N2DVD

well, just wanted to let u know that VobBlanker will work for this dvd, just have to blank out all the extra stuff.

10. johnnyd54

johnnyd54 Regular member

Recode with Anydvd did it for me. I had to do movie only and then you have to make sure you only choose one angle.

11. N2DVD

N2DVD Regular member

@300bowler, would you care to inform specifically what needs blanking or illustrate what bad cells needs to be blanked. This was a slick move on the part of the authors of this title. This DVD title points to the extras when an attempt is made to back it up. forcing you to opt for the main movie only using NERO's "remake a DVD" or as you put it Vob Blanker with that said if it is possible to blank or remove the bad cells you should be able to do the same thing with CloneDVD2.:p Just think if you don't immediately watch your back-up file or disc you wouldn't know at 1st that this problem existed again everything looks good at 1st then comes the DVD extras curve ball.....yeah that was slick.:p

12. lckeys

lckeys Member

The "old school" combo of DVDD + DVDShrink also works, but for a "movie only" backup as well. No PSL needed; just a straightforward rip in File Mode, then reauthor in Shrink selecting Title 1 for the movie without all the special features infiltration.

13. binkie7

Ok I did this one w/ CloneDVD and AnyDVD.
    Did movie, menu and the music videos.

I did notice that in Clone defaults to the longest playing title as main movie - but this is a special feature that is the full length movie + on & off commentary and scenes w/ the director and R. Crowe.

I unchecked this one. Watched probably 1/2 of it and no problems - just the movie.

14. N2DVD

N2DVD Regular member

@binkie7...you did what?:) Can you explain to myself and everyone here what you did to get the movie, menu, & special features.;P..Thx

15. binkie7

lol - so about that :)

Ok I did the full disc option in CloneDVD and unchecked title 2 then the other special features I didn't want - a bunch of previews and making of type stuff I never leave on. Russell Crowe & his band have 2 music videos so left those.

Software will sometimes default to the longest playing or largest size title and make that the main movie. On this one it isn't the main movie.

You can probably just uncheck title 2 and leave everything else and it would still be good.

Here's a pic:

[​IMG].

I hope this makes a little more sense :)

16. N2DVD

N2DVD Regular member

Thanx...for clearing that up binkie7....this is a delayed reaction i.e. in the sense of awareness here at the forums....again there are many I assume who backed up this title without a 2nd thought and will notice later what troubles are associated with this disc....I rarely encounter any title that leaves me perplexed as this one did. Let's hope it doesn't turn into 20 or so threads later on, I hope eveyone here remembers this thread and refers as many members and visitors here for resolution.....thanx again binkie7 and everyone else here who chimed in.:p

17. binkie7

Not a problem N2DVD :)

I know you know you stuff when it comes to burning DVD's. So your alert saved me probably. I was on the look out for it. Saw the 2 titles with different times - so knew this might cause a problem. Esp since one really isn't the movie :)

Thanks for the heads up!
    Keep them coming - you do a good job helping us out with them!

18. johnnyd54

johnnyd54 Regular member

@ Ickeys After using decrypter and then going into shrink reauthor how did you seperate the two. When I tried to get rid of the screwed version there was no way to seperate them.

19. binkie7

@johnnyd54
    Do you see 2 titles listed under main movie - title 1 & title 2?
    Just drag over title 1.

Or you can use just Shrink - will handle by itself.

20. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

@ N2DVD,
    Sorry for the late reply, but it looks like Binkie showed u how to take care of it with CloneDVD, anyway heres how to do it with VoBblanker
    [​IMG]