1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Guide for PS2 backups

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by sean5775, Nov 8, 2004.

1. sean5775

sean5775 Regular member

Sorry im new here, at least a new member, I been reading the forums for ages just didnt register.

I learned how to backup DVD's from this site and could probably give just as good of advice as anyone on the matter.

What I would like to see is some kind of guide for backing up PS2 games, I have a modchip already, just need to know the correct/best way to go about backing up the games. What programs do I use? what settings? Whats the best media? (Ritek is probably good, hopefully because I have hundreds of them)

Any help is appreciated. I need to start backing up games fairly quickly. Thank you.

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

ritek media is fine and one of the easiest ways to backup your ps2 games is with dvd decrypter you simply use mode>iso>read to create your image file then mode>iso>write to burn to dvdr, suggest you try a burn speed of 2x for starters

3. lancea

lancea Member

Should I burn in plus or minus r , and which media works best?
    Thanks in advance
    Lance

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

do you know what version ps2 you have?

5. yugioh2me

yugioh2me Regular member

everyone says that dvd decrypter is the best but actually there is a much quicker method of making backups.

You can use Alcohol 120% percent to make a copy on the fly so no iso read this or iso qwrite that stuff, all you do is use the copy wizard and select ps2 and skip reading errors and burn away!

6. lancea

lancea Member

I believe it is version 2? I had to replace it last Xmas, and I know it doesn't have the firewire connections on the front, just USB. Last year it was the new replacement for the old PS2, a fix for the DVD.

Hope this helps, and Thanks again
    Lance

7. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

from what you say it's most likly a v9/10 unit just have a look at the sticker on the back and if there's a number begining scph 5xxxx then it's a v9/10 unit and should be fine with either dvd+r or dvd-r discs