1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a little advice please

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by premier74, Feb 5, 2007.

1. premier74

premier74 Member

After much research I have managed to flash my 360 (ms25) with the latest firmware and i've even managed to make an image of a game i own to make a back-up.
    I have an nec3540/a, could someone please advice me on the best firmware to use for a decent 360 burn for this recorder and also I'm from england and can use some advice on some decent media apart from verbatim
    thanks

2. JoshyBoy

JoshyBoy Regular member

why apart from verbatim? to be honest if this is your first try you should use verbatim so that if for any reason it doesnt work you can eliminate 'Bad Media' as a problem... once you know they are working fine and your console is modded properly then you should maybe start to think about swapping to a cheaper media..

3. premier74

premier74 Member

Thats a fair and sensible point, thanks.
    Any idea about the firmware for the nec?

4. JoshyBoy

JoshyBoy Regular member

not too sure... if thats the burner you are going to be burning the games with, i dont think it matters as long as you are able to set the book-type of the disc to DVD-ROM

i have a handy little program that tells you if u can do it and it will set it like that aswell.. il PM it you if you would like?

5. premier74

premier74 Member

It seems my burner cnnot be set to dvd-ram without a firmware. I've tried researching this and to be honest i'm finding it a little confusing. any suggestions on which firmware i need would be greatly appreciated

6. JoshyBoy

JoshyBoy Regular member

DVD-ROM not DVD-RAM.. try it now?

7. premier74

premier74 Member

sorry. my fault i meant to say dvd-rom

8. motomods

motomods Regular member

try searching for the drive in google followed by firmware upgrade. it should take you to the companies website and they should have an update.. that will simply download and install.. give it a shot..

9. iHack

iHack Member

wow...i ahve the exact same dvd writer as you do..i thought i was the only one...

well...the nec doesnt need to be upgraded, just burn wit dvd decrypter or imgburn (both are basicly the same). in dvd decryper it allows u to booktype nec. just do that and set the layer break and burn wit memorex 2.4x (thats wht i used). ive been succesful with burning all my discs.
    4 , to be exact.
    gl

10. premier74

premier74 Member

excellent news. I'm feeling a lot more hopeful now
    thanks