1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Little Advice

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by kkre4605, Mar 1, 2007.

1. kkre4605

kkre4605 Regular member

Hi I just got my 360 flashed yesterday to play back ups and just wanted some information.
    1)What advice to you guys have for a reliable dual layered DVD burner? (EDIT: just realised that my LG GSA 4167B is Dual layered and can bitset so is this good to use?)
    2)Also for samsung drives do I still need to burn onto DVD+R's and bitset them to DVD-ROM?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  2. kkre4605

kkre4605 Regular member

bump, anybody pls help about the burner, will mine work?

3. steimy

steimy Active member

any dual layer burner should work.
    and you need to use Verbatim DVD+R DL (6X max speed, burned at 4X with IMGburn V2.1 and yes i know there is a version 2.2 now but get 2.1) and i would booktype them to DVD-Rom just to be safe, even though the Samsung drive is not suppose to need it. You also do not need to worry if the file is stealth patched as long as he used the latest xtreme52 firmware.
    When using IMGburn the only thing you need to do is go into the layer break and set it manually.
    here is how to set it
    tools-->settings-->write-->layer break. Check user specified and set it to 1913760. Click ok and burn as normal. This is only necessary the first time burning a 360 game. The settings will stay for future burns.

A great store i buy all my media from online is supermediastore.com

Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
  4. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

whats the problem with imgburn v2.2 ?

5. kkre4605

kkre4605 Regular member

thanks steimy for the response, I bought some double layer dvd+r's from a uk online shop, as I am from there, and once I get my iso of crackdown by in the next 24hours hopefully, I will try it out. thanks again dude!

6. steimy

steimy Active member

I have had 2 people i know tell me that after they switched to IMGburn V2.2 all they made were coasters.
    I have had someone else tell me it worked fine. But since i use V2.1 and have done about 35 burns with no coasters, that is what i always suggest just to be safe.

7. janrocks

janrocks Guest

As this was about burners.. I don't burn 360 games, but a friend does and had all sorts of problems with coasters.

Changed to a Pioneer 110 and the troubles went away.

As with the xbox, find disks (regardless of brand) that work well with your hardware and stick with them.

8. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

i'm having some coasters with clone cd but i dont know if clone cd is the problem or my burner a pioneer 109
    thats why i was thinking to start using imgburn