1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a little confused please help

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by laststar, Apr 21, 2007.

1. laststar

laststar Guest

i have come across a problem with my psp and im slightly confused by it, my psp is running version 3.10 OE - A and i have been playing games from the memory stick, but i have just added a different game, tomb raider and when it loads it goes so far then the psp, shuts its self off, it then tryed a different game from the memory stick that worked before, thus being bust a move, and it did the same, but when i tryed burnout domminator, that worked fine... so what do i do to stop this? and what is acually the problem?

please help out

2. fultonla

fultonla Guest

you usually have to have a umd in the drive when playing iso

3. laststar

laststar Guest

yes i have been using a umd in the drive when playing, but this dosnt explain why this problem is happening,

any suggestions

4. staxx

staxx Regular member

Maybe something wrong with the directory its reading from...i know when your using a homebrew application and you put the file %Name% (with 2 percents this happens) The game will go to the gameboot screen after thats done it restarts the psp....

So my guess is it probably has something to do with one of your directories being named improperly.

5. laststar

laststar Guest

so how do i go about finding out weather the names are incorect?

6. staxx

staxx Regular member

Well...first off, check the directory names that your placing this stuff in.

Should look like this x:\ISO\Nameofgame.iso or .cso

Maybe you have no-umd enabled in recovery...in which case you'll have to switch it to disabled.

If you cant really figure it out i suggest trying to reflash the firmware.