1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Little help on my computerS

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by PearlMilk, Mar 28, 2007.

1. PearlMilk

PearlMilk Member

Hey guys,

Im just wondering if this will work.
    Right now i am running my computer on windows XP. And i have a router. My other old computer (6 years old compaq presario) is running on windows 98 SE- OEM. Is there anyway that my old computer can get acess to the net router?

sorry im not too good explaining stuff.

2. nasayin

nasayin Regular member

If you want your old computer to be connected to the internet, just plug the ethernet cable from the old machine to the router.

3. PearlMilk

PearlMilk Member

i can't realy because my old computer is upstairs

4. pyffy

pyffy Regular member

Hi there, the "router" you have, is it a wireless one, with an arial/s? If so then you need to buy a wireless network card for the windows 98 pc that is up stairs. Install it and all software that comes with it. You should then be able to accesss the router downstairs and have web access.
    If it is not wireless you can buy quite cheaply a wireless router to replace this to make your life easier. Otherwise a direct cable connection is the way to go for simplicity sake.

5. PearlMilk

PearlMilk Member

thanks.. i just needed that answer