1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Little Old A little New

Discussion in 'PS2' started by DarkSurge, Feb 7, 2005.

1. DarkSurge

DarkSurge Member

Hello all who may read Like the subject says im a little old and new at this...And I kinda suck, at typing what I wana say down... that and spelling can be off..Well at anyrate I would like 2 try out this ps2 mem.card exploit..for ps1 backups. I have got the hole directions for making memory card exploit done have thim in bin and iso files but my prob is getting it 2 the mem. card I put it on my ps2 hd lol kinda dummb knowing that once the hdloader activates the hd it will not use the cd drive as a cd drive..I tryed it and I get an error the error is after the thing starts saying that failed to load cdvd.irx...So im thinking it must be put on cd in order 2 truly work that way it kinda sucks it takes time to make the exploit..well to me it is not a hole lot but a little..Now I would like 2 have some help on transfering it to the mem. card I do not have a mod chip or swap magic I did at one time have gameshark v2 but it got ganked so now I no longer have it... just the little memory card for it bouth discs I owned were ganked :( so in general my ps2 is v7 or 9 dont remember wich it is and it dont truly mater i dont think..But I have spent more than the normal fokes for my ps2 about 6 years I went 2 a place to rent 2 own my ps2 so as it came out I payed close 2 2,000$ for it then I bought a network addapter I new there was a reason that the thing had what it had on the inside i did not know for what tho as it came out for a hd so I bought ff11 I love ff games :) the sad part is ya need a credit card that sucks if they would make it like ever quest using a prepayed card that be cool.. at anyrate then learnd about hdloader I think its cool backing up games like i did with my ps1 that is why I wana do this all my games that r backed up are ps1 games I love them alot and the normal discs arnt all there and not good and readable so using the back ups will let me be back in the past :) Please help I know there is an easy way 2 back get the info i need in2 the ps2 mem. card with out needing 2 buy anything more..just using pc and ps2 shgould do it but how and good directions would be nice..well thanks alot for reading my long little story about my probs and I do hope 2 find help thanks a bunch

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

what program are you installing on the memory card? The only ones i know of are for ps2 backups.

3. DarkSurge

DarkSurge Member

K well Im trying 2 get the Independence Memory Card Exploit to work 2 play backup ps1 games on the ps2.. using an original ps1 game as a triger so it will work my prob is getting it to the memory card I no longer have gameshark v2 the only things I have now is my ps1 backups the original and hd with hdloader I have read so many things on the threads seeing there is a way 2 put the Independence Memory Card Exploit ps1 backup to work and run without moding..I also have read that there is a way 2 network the ps2 to the pc then puting in the memory card that way ... I like that idea but no directions I have seen are clear and what 2 use I also have seen statments saying there is no need for a router 2 do this im trying 2 find the way 2 put the Independence Memory Card Exploit on the memory card with out needing 2 buy any aditiona things I belive there is a way its just knowing how to do it and thats what im asking Thanks for your reply oo I dont recal what the real name 2 playing backup ps1 games on ps2 with out modchip is called :( I have so many links saved through the time that it take 4 ever for me 2 find it and the real name 2 this kinda sucks :( but using Independence Memory Card Exploit is all thats needed as far as I know so i can hijack the booting proces and put in a disc that is not normal in 2 it or something like that

4. DarkSurge

DarkSurge Member

K got it now :) found it with searching what im trying 2 use the memory card exploit 2 do is PS1DRV once agen the prob is finding out how 2 put it on the memory card with out needing 2 go out and buy swap disc or a router any help would be great thanks