1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A new sound card or what?

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by guitar926, Jul 2, 2007.

1. guitar926

guitar926 Member

When i play video games and listen to music at the same time my sound lags......to fix this do i need to get a better sound card? right now i have my built in sound card.

thanks

2. JVC

JVC Active member

Probably...........
    But it may take more than that. That's called Multi-Tasking, and not all computers do it very well, if at all. Only the newest computers, with the fastest and strongest processors, and a LOT of ram memory, do it very well.

Most will do simple stuff, like listen to music while surfing online. But the video, in video games, takes a lot of the computer's resources and memory to run, because there is so much going on at the same time. That's why a lot of games won't work with a standard video card. Now days they require so much more processing power and memory, right on the video card. Some video cards are over $200.........

Same with sound cards. Now days the games are in 5.1 surround or Dolby pro logic, which takes more than a standard sound card.