1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A newb needs to learn to burn DVD's

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by hoots69, Sep 8, 2004.

1. hoots69

hoots69 Guest

Hello
    I just recently purchased a DVD writer and had a helpful hint from someone to download Xcopy platinum for my burning software needs. Since I'am a fresh newb with this I am having a hard time with this.
    when using Xcopy I put the dvd in and it says it is css encrypted and i cannot do anything after that.
    Please help me with this matter and like i said, I'm a newb so be gentle! Is this software crap now? or do I need something? Just uninstall and install something else and if so what do u suggest?
    Thanx

2. Navig8r

Navig8r Regular member

welcome hoots69
    sorry for the previous bad suggestion from whoever
    All you need is dvd shrink, its free and will handle all your DVD backup needs.

Just go here
    http://www.dvdshrink.org/where.html

i have never had a problem with it

Last edited: Sep 8, 2004
  3. hoots69

hoots69 Guest

Thanks navig8tr you are FAST!
    so i should uninstall the crap xcopy?

4. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Hi fellow newbie hoots69:
    I burned my first dvds' today. One with Shrink, the other with DVD decrypter.Both with Nero6.
    The best advice I can give you is, is trawl the threads, and look for guides written in indelible ink by, Scuba Pete...
    Thanks Pete the first one got, itsulf, wrote to fast (poor media)and got it'self t/coasted!
    SoI went down to minimum speed, and like the old Elvis song goes 2 outa 3 ain't bad.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]give instuction to a wise man. Then he will become wiser, give instruction to a fool. Then he will become wiser. It's all about time.. [thet slanty-eyed bloke I used to read][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2004
  5. Navig8r

Navig8r Regular member