1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A newbie problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by paCUTEako, Dec 16, 2004.

1. paCUTEako

paCUTEako Member

I know, i know, i should have searched the entire forum or use the search engine for this problem but i was drowned with all the topics listed in this forum... *frown*

Here's my NEWBIE problem...

I knew the basics in DVD burning but i got this problem, whenever i burn a movie into DVD (im using a sonic mydvd software which doesn't have any options for this problem), it automatically converts it into a one hour movie. errrrrrrr I mean the limited space in the DVD is around one hour no matter how small the movie is.

For example:
    i got a 500mb video and when i burn it into DVD, it became a 2.0GB. (details are not exactly correct). I'm planning to compile my favorite VCDS into one DVD but i can't do this because of the said problem. Can anyone help? Can ADOBE ENCORE be of some use?

I badly need your help... it is a noobie question but i would really appreciate it if somebody can help me with this problem.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2004
  2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Sonic will automatically use the maximum amount of disc space for whatever file(s) you have asked it to burn to disc. This is a default setting to enable maximum quality. This does not mean that when you have several files to burn to a disc they will not fit. It just means sonic will rearrange the disc space to be used.

3. paCUTEako

paCUTEako Member

TNX a lot.... i'm such a noob hehehe.