1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A NEWBIES GUIDE TO MX ANDROID

Discussion in 'Android TV boxes (Kodi, XBMC, etc)' started by piopat, Feb 12, 2015.

1. piopat

piopat Active member

ebay is pretty good , you can buy or bid in auctions . but my advice is dont pay over the odds , and there are a lot of asian sellers (i mean sellers located in china etc ) while they may be a bit cheaper you could run into problems warrant wise so maybe best to buy from the uk and europe as opposed to asia . and always check the p+p because some of them try it on and over charge on p+ p . if you live in the uk some uk sellers give free p+p , but if your in ireland p+p to ireland shouldnt be anymore than 15 to 20 euros .

ALMASA likes this.
  2. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Cheers piopat will take a look in eBay and try a few UK sources, live in ireland , but have no Problem paying for p+p , wants it's preloaded I'll be happy, Thanks again for the reply ...
    Cheers
    Paulie57..........

3. piopat

piopat Active member

some sellers advertise there box as pre loaded or fully loaded , but your box may arrive and not be fully loaded as you believed so read the advertisement carefully before you buy . if you are not sure ask the seller for clarification .

as i say some sellers advertise their boxes as fully loaded , fully loaded means THE BOX SHOULD COME BRIM FULL OF THE VERY BEST XBMC AND ANDROID ADDONS such as 1channel / ilive/ icefilms / showbox etc etc . but when some sellers say fully loaded they simply give you the basic android apps plus xbmc and nothing else , so its worth being aware of this and to read the adverts carefully before paying .

also as i said earlier some over charge on the p+p , this is a clever way to make extra cash or to make their boxes look cheaper (or both ) than they actually are . for example if a box usually costs £45 and p+p costs £10 making £55 in total well some sellers would advertise their box at say £35 and p+p at say £25 , now their box at £35 looks cheap doesnt it ? , but in fact with p+p its actually working out more expensive , so the seller may make more sales with his lower price box and actually end up making more cash than other suppliers once p+p is added . so before you go to pay ALWAYS check the p+p costs , i

i would say in my experience buying and the way i go about buying that the maximum cost for an android mx 2 dual core (including p+p to ireland ) that i would pay should come in between 60 and 70 euro MAX , that would be £50 or so , if the costs are higher than that you should not buy as you are being over charged . also a box not being fully loaded xbmc wise need not be a problem , if you have your current box setup and loaded with a good selection of xbmc addons you can use my backup tutorial posted earlier in this thread to make a full backup copy of your xbmc and then add that to any android box , its easy and quick . that way you dont need to spend time setup a box you just install usb/sdcard wizard and pop a copy of your xbmc to the new box .

lastly auctions can be a good way to snag a bargain , so its always worth checking out a few auctions , if you plan to bid i would wait till maybe the last 5 to 10 minutes , the closer to the auction end time that you get a bid in the better chance you will win . also auctions can be quiet early doors and then take off and even go mad with very high bids late on , so id sit and wait and watch auctions and wait till the last 5 to 10 minutes to bid (if you bid at all ) and you should use the same rules for auctions as you would if you buy outright and know the rough value of an item (inc p+p ) and never go over that , if auctions go crazy walk away as there are plenty of auctions .

4. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Cheers piopat checked a few sites, all fairly close on price , most are looking for 99 euros + PP ,that's for quad core 2 Gb ram 8 gb internal storage fully loaded, it doesn't sound so bad what do u think ? Thanks again for doing the research
    Cheers ...
    paulie57 .......

5. piopat

piopat Active member

quad core boxes are of course more expensive than dual core boxes that should go without saying . but you would probably get one a bit cheaper than that .that is depending on the model you buy .

Code:
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/MX3-ANDROID-SMART-TV-XBMC-MINI-PC-DUAL-WIFI-STREAM-4KTV-BOX-QUAD-CORE-/331470873474?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4d2d342382
    the above quad core box including p+p works out at about 85 euro

Code:
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/MX2-Fully-Loaded-Quad-Core-Smart-Android-TV-Box-Media-Player-XBMC-HD-1080P-Film-/141578048494?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20f6b593ee
    the above quad core works out at about 88 euro including p+p

obviously check the specs for memory etc , but memory wise ive got i think 60 addons with all you would ever need viewing wise and my memory is still under half full , and i have only 1gb . but obviously the more memory you have the more stuff you can store .

6. L0stie

L0stie Newbie

Hi, I've got tvmc on my MyGica device which is connected to my tv. Everytime I set up homescreen shortcuts and turn my system off and come back in, the shortcuts are gone. The 'default' shortcuts aren't even there, it's completely empty?
    Also, when I'm watching movies, at around the 20min mark or 30min mark, the movie will stop playing and close, and return back to the links list, if i click back on the same link, it'll ask me if i want to resume my movie or start from the beginning. What is this problem?

7. piopat

piopat Active member

my posts here are based on the mx android 2 , but they should be applicable to versions above the mx 2 aswell , and all the xbmc stuff should be the same on any android box really . however there are multiple different android box makers and multiple different types of box firmware used , so while certain software may perform well on one box type it may not perform well or at all on other box types .

i must assume that you also have xbmc on your gica box , if so have you tried adding shortcuts to that ? atleast to see if the problem is on xbmc aswell . if the shortcuts work fine on your xbmc but not on tvmc well then we can assume that tvmc is the issue .

where did you download the tvmc file ? , what i would suggest is that you uninstall it and download tvmc from another source and then install the new version you downloaded and see if the problem persists .

if a movie stops (or if you stop it ) on xbmc you will be asked if you want to resume or start from the start , thats normal for xbmc . how many movies did you try in which the movie stopped after 20 minutes ? , and are they all from the same link / source ? . its difficult to say why a movie would stop as there could be lots of reasons , for example it might be down to the source of the movie , have you tried viewing the same movie on multiple sources / links ? , i mean in the addon you use most try a movie using multiple links and see if the problem persists , if it does then try the above in a different addon in case the addon is at fault . .

8. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

cheers piopat my brother checked out the two you listed and took the option of the quad core and save himself a nice few euros inthe process thanks again for the help and info .
    cheers
    paulie57 ....

9. piopat

piopat Active member

your wellcome

10. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

is your mygica an atv1200?

11. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

12. L0stie

L0stie Newbie

Yes my device is the atv1200.

Everything I watch will close at around the 20minute mark, tv show or movie, regardless of link. I will just reselect and it will allow me to resume at that point that it closed

I downloaded tvmc straight from tvaddons.ag, I will try it on xbmc and see if that works. Thanks :)

13. piopat

piopat Active member

tvmc is xbmc , but it has a different name . so you can install tvmc along side your current xbmc and then you can play movies etc in tvmc and see if the problem persists . if the problem is not there on tvmc well then you will know your current version of xbmc has a problem .

14. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

i have the sumvision x2 and its the same internally as the atv1200 just different firmware, but i flashed it to with av1200 image, my shortcuts and skins also disappear its a glitch in the box, its on there forums so your not the only one, your addons are still there just not the shortcuts

15. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=150342&page=62

16. piopat

piopat Active member

MX ANDROID : HOW TO FIX MP3 STEAMS /MP3 PLAYER

i recommended this app in the app recommendations section , its a great app but on installing it i found it had a problem . the problem being that a song would play only for a matter of seconds and then stop , as you can imagine thats very frustrating . other than that the app works perfectly .

so how to fix this ? well i found after a short google search that it was quite easy , so here goes .

open xbmc and use your left / right button to go to MUSIC , next use your down button and then the right button to go to ADD ONS , then press the ok button .

now use your up/down buttons and go to mp3 streams , just go to the mp3 streams app and highlight it (DONT PRESS OK ) . next press your menu button , thats the blue button on your remote control .

a pop up will appear with various options in it such as

ADD ON INFORMATION
    QUEUE ITEM
    PLAY

so thats just a few of the options you will see , so select ADD ON INFORMATION by going to it and highlighting it and then press the ok button to open it .

now use your up/ down buttons to highlight CONFIGURE , when its highlighted press the ok button to open it . now you are in mp3 player settings menu . now use your down button and go down to USE ALTERNATIVE SOURCE ( FIX FOR GOTHAM ) , it will have a grey circle on the right hand side (that means its disabled ) so press ok button to enable it , now the grey circle should be blue , if so use your down button to go down to ok to save your work , when you have ok highlighted press ok button . thats it your done

now exit out of these menus and go and open mpr stream player and play a song or cd and they should all play perfectly .

PLEASE NOTE NOT ALL ANDROID DEVICES ARE THE SAME AND AS SUCH THEY MAY USE DIFFERENT SOFTWARE OR HAVE DIFFERENT FIXES , SO NOT ALL FIXES LISTED HERE MAY WORK ON YOUR PARTICULAR ANDROID .

17. piopat

piopat Active member

MX ANDROID : HOW TO MAKE THE PICTURE FIT YOUR TV SCREEN

if you play movies or iptv channels etc you may find sometimes that the picture on your tv is small and not fitting your tv screen . well its easy enough to get the picture to fit your tv screen better .

when you have played a movie or tv channel where the picture is small and not fitting your tv screen simply press ok button . on the lower part of your tv screen you will now see some little icons , each icon has a light circle around them , the pause icon should have a bright circle around it , that means that pause is currently highlighted .

now press the right button on your remote control and move to the icons on the right side of the screen , highlight the second icon (thats second icon as you move left to right) and then press ok button .

PLEASE NOTE THAT SOME CHANNELS MAY HAVE A NARROW PICTURE BY DEFAULT , MEANING THERE MAY BE A BLACK BAR (ABOUT 2 INCHES WIDE ) RUNNING DOWN EITHER SIDE OF THE SCREEN . LOOK TO SEE IF THE CHANNEL YOUR VIEWING HAS A LOGO OR A CHANNEL NAME ON SCREEN , IF IT DOES AND IF THE LOGO OR NAME CAN BE SEEN OVER THE BLACK BAR EITHER SIDE OF SCREEN THAT USUALLY MEANS THE SCREEN YOU ARE SEEING IS THE DEFAULT SCREEN AND THAT IT CANT REALLY BE CHANGED .

18. piopat

piopat Active member

MX ANDROID : HOW TO SET UP LIVE TV ON XBMC

This guide uses an m3u list which isn't the best but will get you up and started with LiveTV. If anybody has a link to any better m3u's then please leave a link in a comment below and share it with other users.

Open XBMC
    Select System > Settings

[​IMG]

Select LiveTV

[​IMG]

Select Enabled

[​IMG]

You will now see a message saying you must enable a PVR add-on. Select OK

[​IMG]

Select PVR IPTV Simple Client

[​IMG]

Select Enable

[​IMG]

Select Configure

[​IMG]

Select General
    Leave Location as Remote Path (Internet Address)
    Select M3U PlayList URL

[​IMG]

Type/Paste the following exactly http://bit.ly/husham2015 (the image below shows VDubT25s list but he has taken it down (VDUBT25 MAY WORK AGAIN NOW ) so you have to go with this one. I can't promise the links will work with this one as I don't know if the guy maintains them)
    Select Done or press Enter

PLEASE NOTE YOU CAN TRY VDUBT25 URL IF YOU WANT , BUT IT MAY OR MAY NOT WORK .

[​IMG]

Uncheck (Turn Off) Cache M3U at Local Storage

[​IMG]

Select OK (if you don't select OK settings will not be saved)

[​IMG]

Restart XBMC
    You will now see a link to LiveTV on your home screen. You will also see a notification saying the channels are loading. You must wait for that to finish otherwise not all channels will show.

[​IMG]

19. piopat

piopat Active member

PLEASE NOTE CHANNEL LOADING FOR LIVE TV MAY TAKE A FEW MINUTES DEPENDING ON THE AMOUNT OF CHANNELS IN THE URL YOU ADDED AND BECAUSE THEY MAY BE UPDATING , SO PLEASE BE PATIENT . IF THERE ARE ONLY A FEW CHANNELS IN THE URL THEY WILL OBVIOUSLY OPEN QUICKER .

I HAVE TRIED LIVE TV AND IT WORKS . THE CHANNEL LIST CAN BE A TAD SLOW TO LOAD FOR THE REASONS POSTED ABOVE , BUT WHEN I DOES LOAD YOU HAVE A LARGE AMOUNT OF CHANNELS . AS WITH ANY IPTV CHANNELS/ LINKS THEY CAN CHANGE OR STOP WORKING AT ANY TIME . CHANNELS HAVE TO LOAD SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND LET THEM LOAD , IF A CHANNEL FAILS LOADING WILL STOP , AND YOU CAN SELECT ANOTHER . I TESTED CHANNEL 4 HD IT WORKED OK BUT MY BROADBAND SPEED AT 3 OR 4MB IS A TAD TO SLOW AND IT FROZE A BIT . I ALSO TRIED SOME FOX CHANNELS AND A FILMON CHANNEL , BUT THATS ALL SO FAR .

as an alternative to using live tv you can install an addon called playlist loader . very simply this loader allows you to add multiple iptv urls (such as the url you added in live tv) , each url you can also give a name such as vdubt25 channels or husham tv channels or sports channels etc etc . then all you have to do is open playlist loader and select the playlist you want to view , as with live tv the playlists will auto update as the playlist author makes updates .

20. piopat

piopat Active member

PLEASE NOTE CHANNEL LOADING FOR LIVE TV MAY TAKE A FEW MINUTES DEPENDING ON THE AMOUNT OF CHANNELS IN THE URL YOU ADDED AND BECAUSE THEY MAY BE UPDATING , SO PLEASE BE PATIENT . IF THERE ARE ONLY A FEW CHANNELS IN THE URL THEY WILL OBVIOUSLY OPEN QUICKER .

I HAVE TRIED LIVE TV AND IT WORKS . THE CHANNEL LIST CAN BE A TAD SLOW TO LOAD FOR THE REASONS POSTED ABOVE , BUT WHEN I DOES LOAD YOU HAVE A LARGE AMOUNT OF CHANNELS . AS WITH ANY IPTV CHANNELS/ LINKS THEY CAN CHANGE OR STOP WORKING AT ANY TIME . CHANNELS HAVE TO LOAD SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND LET THEM LOAD , IF A CHANNEL FAILS LOADING WILL STOP , AND YOU CAN SELECT ANOTHER . I TESTED CHANNEL 4 HD IT WORKED OK BUT MY BROADBAND SPEED AT 3 OR 4MB IS A TAD TO SLOW AND IT FROZE A BIT . I ALSO TRIED SOME FOX CHANNELS AND A FILMON CHANNEL , BUT THATS ALL SO FAR .

as an alternative to using live tv you can install an addon called playlist loader . very simply this loader allows you to add multiple iptv urls (such as the url you added in live tv) , each url you can also give a name such as vdubt25 channels or husham tv channels or sports channels etc etc . then all you have to do is open playlist loader and select the playlist you want to view , as with live tv the playlists will auto update as the playlist author makes updates .