1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A NEWBIES GUIDE TO SETTING UP A DM500S FOR CARDSHARING

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by piopat, Apr 15, 2010.

1. piopat

piopat Active member

no problem and your very wellcome mate .

2. mancred

mancred Regular member

Finally found a great server - no glitches or any of that jazz either :)

Delighted

3. tooloud

tooloud Member

Even to this post is quite old i would Just like to say that piopat helped me 4 years ago when i first started with cs and his understanding and knowledge helped me in some very difficult times, times when i felt i could pull my own hair out in frustration and disbelief in my own ability to mess things up. His help was invaluable not only in helping me to achieve my goal of cs but also in assuring me it was within my capabilities to do it and kept me going forward. This post only goes to show that he is dedicated to this forum and to sharing his knowledge and helping those that are starting on the road to cs, I take my hat off to you pat and keep up the good work. forever grateful TOOLOUD

4. piopat

piopat Active member

thanks for those kind words ,i appreciate it.

5. Hubabubas

Hubabubas Member

ahh guys stop trowing bouquets at pat, he might decide to leave us, only Joking he has taking to this forum like a duck to water, keep up the good work Pat.

6. Hubabubas

Hubabubas Member

Mancred
    what server are you using?

7. mancred

mancred Regular member

Sent ya a private message pal

8. Bobb1951

Bobb1951 Member

Hi Piopat: Thank you for your valuable post. I need help with the following:

Dreambox 500S / Nanosat Premium SE as server:

I have Nanosat Premium SE and Dreambox 500S as working receivers using paid subscription to private card sharing server. I also have one subscription card and Box key which is married to the subscription card.

I would like to test if the subscription card will work in the Nanosat Premium SE or Dreambox 500S in order for me to convert them as card sharing server in the future between family and friends.

I am newbie and don’t know how or where to enter bar code and box key! Dreambox have so many lines (confusing for me), Nanosat appears easy. Can someone guide me how I can accomplish this. An early reply your cooperation will be highly appreciated.

9. mancred

mancred Regular member

Is your card N$S??

If so you'll need to add a line in CCcam like this :- BOXKEY: /dev/sci0 *2 *1 *3 *3

You'll need to generate the box key here with your serial number http://boxkey.exyucs.com/generator.php?lan=en

Hope that helps

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  10. piopat

piopat Active member

firstly what subscription card do you have ? i mean the discussion on this thread is really only based on sky tv from astra/eurobird 28 east ,if your subscription card is for sky tv from astra/eurobird 28 east then it will work in your dm500s .but for your dm500s to open channels you need two things ,first you need to install cccam 2.1.3 or above and set it as your default cam (i explained how to do that at the start of this tutorial)all basic pay channels will open then ,if you subscribe to either sky sports or sky movies you will as mancred says need to add your sky box boxkey to cccam .

if your subscription is for channels else where in the world let us know and we can see what info we can get for you .if you can install cams in the nanosat premium then you should be able to install a cam that will open channels on your subscription card ,however you would probably need to find a ccam suitable for use on that box .i have to say im not very familliar with the nanosat premium se so im not sure how helpfull i can be .but try and give us as much info as you can .

regarding a server again if your card is for channels on 28 east every thing you need to know is at the start of this thread.

11. piopat

piopat Active member

ps and no offence to mancred but if your needing to generate a boxkey its probably better to use an application on your own computer rather than online generators ,so you can download boxkey convertor from the first link of my signature area which is near the bottom of all my posts .however again the boxkey convertor is for sky so if your subscription is non sky then you may need to look at other alternatives .

12. Bobb1951

Bobb1951 Member

Thank you. I am in Canada. The card I have is for DN. As I mentioned earlier both boxes are working getting access to almost all DN channels. Both boxes are already flashed and all the software loaded. I will use Dreambox 500S. I need to enter/edit the box key and card number somewhere???.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  13. piopat

piopat Active member

ok as i say the discussion here is for uk satellite tv channels and a lot of the principles would be the same for sharing cards through out europe but the method to extract a boxkey could differ . im really not familliar with us or canadian cardsharing , so i dont think ill be of a great deal of help here . the method to flashing a dm500s will be the same no matter where you are ,but you would need an image suitable for the satellites you wish to view from (if your allready able to view channels from the satellite you want your ok) and also the image must allow you to install cams .there are many cams such as cccam /oscam /newcamd /rqcamd etc etc ,you need to find out what cam can be used to open channels on your dn card .with your box connected to your broadband router you need to access the addons menu (i dont know if this will be similar to the addons menu we have in europe but i dont imagine it would be very different )depending on the image the addons menu can usually be accessed by pressing either the yellow button or the blue button, you should see a list of cams in there and you need to select the cam that works with dn cards .

cccam can open channels on a lot of cards so if its in your cam list then its worth installing it via the addons menu ,if you install the incorrect cam its ok as you can uninstall any cam via the addons uninstall menu which should be in the same place as the addons menu .if cccam works it may not open all channels so you may require the boxkey ,cccam may be a cam that works but may open no channels at all without a boxkey .again i dont really have experience with us and canadian cardsharing so you need to check sites nearer to home to find the best cam for your card and to find out if the boxkey is required (i imagine it is )and how to extract the boxkey . really untill you get pay channels opening on your dm500s theres little you can do card sharing wise ,so as i say check sites closer to home for the above information .if you get the dm500s opening pay channels then really the cardsharing bit is the same where ever you are .

sorry i wasnt more helpfull ,heres a guide to setting up nanosat premium se and dm500s boxes should you want to setup one for a friend etc

http://www.ikxs.bz/nanosat-premium-se-receiver-setup/

here are instructions for a dm500s

http://www.ikxs.bz/dreambox-500-2/

14. Bobb1951

Bobb1951 Member

Thank you very much Piopat. I will try various options to see which will work. Actually, the receiver I using now are working fine with Newcamd. I have to try if it can open the channels DN card. Thanking you once again.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  15. piopat

piopat Active member

well then it seems newcamd may be the cam you need .as i say with sky over here we only need the boxkey to open premium movie and sports channels all other pay channels open with no need for a boxkey ,but you may need the boxkey to open all channels .

16. Bobb1951

Bobb1951 Member

I will try and let you know when I succeeded. Meantime, if you have or can point me to pictorial guide to uploading service list/Channle List to DM500S will be highly appreciate.

17. piopat

piopat Active member

hi bobb again sorry but you must remember your taking to people in europe so we have uk or european channel lists ,so its unlikely people on this thread will have canadian channel lists .its now 1.30 am where i live but i promise in the morning or afternoon ill do a bit of searching (i offer no guarantees )but ill see if i can locate a channel list .however on a dm500s you can create your own bouquets (thats what channel lists are )with your remote control .press menu button /press number 6 (setup) ,then choose service organising ,then choose create new bouquet ,then select tv (for a tv channel bouquet)then type the name of your bouquet you will see onscreen how to (its like a mobile phone keypad) when you have the name typed for example movie channels press the ok button and exit back t tv channels.you can create other bouquets the same way such as music channels /kids channels /news channels /sports chanels etc or you can just type favourites .

then press menu button /choose number 6 (setup)/choose service organising /then choose add services to bouquet/then chose tv for tv channels/now you will see a list of the bouquet names you created . so for example if you want to add all sports channels to a bouquet highlight sports channels and press the ok button /then go to and highlight the satellite which your channels are coming from (it may say provider ,if so choose provider) ,then you should see the provider name i assume dn or dish network ,then press ok button .now you should be on a list of all tv channels ,you may not be on the start of the list if so press the left arrow button on the remote .that will take you back to the start of the list of channels ,then use the up/down and left /right buttons on your remote to go to all the sports channels ,as you go to each sport channel it will be highlighted ,when its highlihted press the ok button and the channel should turn a sort of red color .then carry on and do the same for each sport channel ,when your finished press the exit button and go back to the tv channels,job done .

then start again and say for example choose music channels and add all music channels to the music channel bouquet ,and so on . this also works for people in the uk /ireland or europe .

channels will go off or move frequencies ,if so you can edit your bouquets by pressing menu button /press number 6 (setup) ,choose service organising ,then chose edit bouquets ,choose bouquets tv and press ok button ,then choose the bouquet you want to edit say sports channels ,choose sports chanels and press ok button ,channels may be gone and say service removed ,highlight that channel by going to it with the up/down and left /right buttons ,then press menu button ,then you should see many optionsand one option is delete . if the channel in your bouquet says service removed highlight it /then press menu button and then choose delete ,then that removed channel is gone .then carry on untill all channels that say removed channels are deleted .then do an automatic transponder scan ,when its complete add any missing chanels to your bouquets as i described above.the only thing when doing iit this way is any new channels added to a bouquet will be added to the end of the bouquet ,which means when your on the list of channels on that bouquet you need to go to the end of that list to see the newer channels you added .

if your a little more technical you can of course use dreambox edit to create and edit bouquets etc , but that depends on how much computer experience you have .or of course you can locate and download bouquets/channel lists and use dreambox edit to put them in your box .again this all works on dreamboxes in uk or europe ,and in my tutorial i explained how to add bouquets to your box using dreambox edit .

i hope this helps .

18. Bobb1951

Bobb1951 Member

Hi Piopat:

Thank you for your patience. I have North American (DN) channel list. I opened in DreamBoxEdit, created and modified bouquets. I am not having luck to transfer to DreamBox. I attempted number of times but when I hook up with TV I cannot find my modified bouquets. Only few instructions – in DreamBoxEdit from PC to Dreambox will help! To be honest, I found you are the only one on the Internet so cooperative and helpful. Thank you – god bless you

19. piopat

piopat Active member

hi bob is the channel list you have enigma 1 ? your dm500s is enigma 1 so any channel list you download must be suiable for use on an enigma 1 box .also theres a possibility you havent set dreambox edit the correct setting ,when you first setup dreambox edit there are settings satellite reciever /cable reciever/terrestrial reciever /enigma2 settings ,a dm00s is an enigma 1 box so for your dm500s you have to choose satellite reciever anyone with an enigma2 box such as a dm800 has to choose enigma 2 settings .heres a guide

upgrade your Dreambox with the latest up-to-date Bouquets, Using the App DreamboxEdit

for uk bouquets i recommend sgt flipflops excellent and always up to date bouquets ,you can get them via google . you will need dreambox edit which you can download from link 1 of my signature area .

Step 1 :- Open DreamboxEdit
    [​IMG]

Step 2 :- Now click Options Box (near the top of the screen), This section will appear
    [​IMG]

you need to choose profiles as in the above picture .hopefully you should now be seeing whats in the picture above.

OK time to insert your Dreambox details (Only need to do this once) if your wanting to put the same bouquets in more than one box just change the ip address.

IP of Dreambox :- Whatever your IP, Your Dreambox uses to access the Internet (Usually found in communication set up on Dreambox)

Username = root | Password = dreambox | Unless you changed these manually.

Enigma1 = Dreambox 500, 600 Users choose Satellite Receiver at the bottom and should say this :- /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/

Enigma2 = Dreambox 800, 8000 Users Choose Enigma2 Settings at the bottom and should say this :- /etc/enigma2/

Click on Advanced Tab and make sure Display “Reboot Dreambox” option on FTP screen is ticked

Click save and thats you done with this bit.

Step 3 :- Now click Open Icon,and search your pc for the Bouquet you downloaded and click OK, Looks like below

[​IMG]

Changing Regional Channels (this is optional), Find your Regional Channel and drag it across from left column into the middle column and delete the one you don’t want (Do this for BBC & ITV channels) and make sure you click save.
    (to drag a channel left click on it and keep the left click button pressed ,and at athe same time use the mouse to pull the channel to the box and release the left click button )
    Step 4 :- Ready to send files to Dreambox now

[​IMG]

First set out exactly how I have Untick all 3 boxes.

Select IP Settings Set :- Make sure the profile you created is chosen.

Now click Send Files To Dreambox Let it do its job, It should say complete.

Next click Reload Settings On Dreambox, Again let it do its job, It should say complete.

Finally click Reboot Dreambox and by now your new settings should be uploaded to your Dreambox.

(credit and thanks to sgt flipflop)

i hope the above tutorial helps but if you still have a problem sending your channel list to your box you could perhaps try downloading another version of dreambox edit.

20. Bobb1951

Bobb1951 Member

Thank you. I will try your instructions.