1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A NEWBIES GUIDE TO SETTING UP A DM500S FOR CARDSHARING

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by piopat, Apr 15, 2010.

1. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

my bad...... i have a dm800 and use flashFXP for my box........... and in the end it was me who wasn't reading, i just read dreambox 500 cccam:(

2. piopat

piopat Active member

no worries mate . a lot of what needs doing is pretty similar on any enigma boxes , but they do differ when it comes to images and plugins that can be used .

3. Yotanka72

Yotanka72 Newbie

Hi Tongs and Piopat,
    Thanks so much for answering me back.
    The image I have is Merlin 2 Excalibur.I also need a DCC E2 for mac but can't find any at all.
    What Im using is IDreamX but no cc cams are showing up at all.

Any help ?

4. piopat

piopat Active member

can you press menu button on your remote and see if tspanel is there in the list ? . if its not in the first list you see select plugins and see if tspanel is in there . from what I can see it seems tspanel comes pre installed on merlin images , if you have tspanel installed you can install ccam easily from there .

if tspanel is there select it to open it , then select addons , then select softcam servers , then select cams-merlin-oe2.0

then scroll to cccam.2.1.3 and press ok to install it . installation is quick so after that exit tspanel and press the blue button (this button usually lets you select your default cam) you may see common interface or default cam , press the right button on your remote and all being well common interface should change to ccam2.1.3 , if it does press ok and you should be done , then exit from there .

now all being well cccam should be installed and set as default cam . next you have to edit the file called cccam.cfg and add your c line to it .

once you have installed cccam I dreamx should see cccam.cfg and let you edit it . you should find the ccam.cfg file in the /etc folder .

you can type in your c line or copy and paste , I recommend copy and paste . but if you type it in be sure to tpe and space the line exactly as you were given it . and of course save your work . then either reboot the box or restart cccam by pressing button and then pressing ok button .

also you can download dcc for mac here
    http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/boPK5x59/_online.html#dir=boPK5x59

but you may need to open a free 4shared account to do so .

5. Yotanka72

Yotanka72 Newbie

Hi again,
    I can't find the ts panel when I press the menu button.
    When I go into plugins I can't see it either.
    Ive got UPnp,Modem,set up Partnerbox,Dialodmaster, Set up Quick button, Dream Explorer ,DynDNs,
    Webinterface, Dream CC, Addon manager ,Sherlock set up, Audio sync set up, DiseQc Tester.
    This is all thats in the plugin browser.
    Im totally lost.

What to do next.

Appreciate all your help .
    Anything else I can try?

6. Yotanka72

Yotanka72 Newbie

Can I download ts panel somewhere Piopat?

7. piopat

piopat Active member

hi download and unzip the tspanel file that I have attached to this post . then use either dream control center or idream to log into your box ,then open the /tmp folder in your box and send the unzipped tspanel file into the /tmp folder .

then go to your box menu , and go to where the addons panel is , it should look something like this

[​IMG]

what your looking for is the manual install panel , its likely in addons . all being well you should see the tspanel file there , if you do select it to install it . then use the instructions I gave you above to install cccam.

there is an emu manager in the picture above , I don't know if that's on your image but you may also be able to install cccam from there , but I cant promise that . that said with tspanel installed you can very easily install cams / plugins etc etc and also tsmedia for lots of free movies nand iptv , so its worth installing tspanel .

Attached Files:

8. Yotanka72

Yotanka72 Newbie

Is this attached file a download for Mac Piopat?

Thank you.Ill give it a shot later on today.

Brian

9. piopat

piopat Active member

the dcc link I gave you is for mac , but as I say you may need to open a 4shared account (they are free) . 4shared used to be a very good way to share files with anyone but now they want everyone to have an account or they cant download files , so as I say you may need to open an account to download the file . but you can use idream instead of dcc .

what ive done is ive attached dcc for mac direct to this post so you don't need the 4sgared link above . I use windows not mac so ive not tested the mac version for obvious reasons , but it should I hope work fine .

the tspanel file is not mac , it doesn't need to be mack for your box .

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  10. Yotanka72

Yotanka72 Newbie

Hi Piopot,
    What does the zipped file look like when unzipped...
    Is it a black backround with exec in green writing?

If it is then Ive added it to the tmp folder.
    I still cant see any tsPanel though unfortunately for me.Otherwise Im lost but wont give up.

Skärmavbild 2014-09-02 kl. 17.57.08.

11. piopat

piopat Active member

hi mate the dcc file when unzipped will have a file that ends with .exe

.exe files are applications , so once you unzip dcc just double click on the .exe file and the application should open . as I said its for mac (and I use windows ) so I haven't tried it myself . but if it doesn't work you can use idream .

the tspanel file when unzipped will end with .ipk , you don't open that file , you simply send the .ipk file into thr /tmp folder in your box .

12. piopat

piopat Active member

forgot to say that once you have put the .ipk file into the /tmp folder that you have to go to your addons menu (I posted a picture earlier ) then find manual install panel and open it . all being well the tspanel file will be in there , then select it and it will install . after it installs the box may reboot (this is quite notmal ) or an onscreen message may ask you to reboot. after reboot press menu and see if tspanel is listed , if it is select it and open it and install cccam as I explained above . if tspanel is not listed in the menu select plugins or addons which ever you have and see if tspanel listed there .

13. Yotanka72

Yotanka72 Newbie

Hi Piopot,

Ok Ive managed to download the tspanel package and get it into the box in tmp files.
    On the console it says .
    Packages for Enigma 2 -plugin -extensions found ,but is not compatible with the architecture configured.
    Now what to do next?
    Any idea mate?

14. piopat

piopat Active member

not compatable ? , tspanel usually works with any image , all tho ive read that some times merlin doesn't seem to like it . I can only suggest that you download an older version of tspanel an try it , I gave you 7.3 but go for an older one maybe 5.3 or something . you could change the image but you may not want to do that . heres a link where you can download older versions of tspanel but not as old as the one I mentioned
    http://www.tunisia-dreambox.info/dreambox-e2-addons/TSpanel/

don't worry about installing an older version as you can easily upgrade tspanel to the latest version once you have it installed .

heres a version of cccam for merlin image just in case tspanel wont install . all you have to do is unzip the file and then send the unzipped file to the /tmp folder just like you did with tspanel . ill attach the ccam file for you

15. piopat

piopat Active member

16. Yotanka72

Yotanka72 Newbie

Ok Piopat,
    Im in finally.Tspanel installed.All my cc cams came up via the addons.
    Which is the best?Right now Im on 2.1.3 but ive also got 2.1.4 ,2.2.0 ,2.2.1 etc.
    Now the problem is I can seem to find cc cam config in idreamX.
    Would it by anychance under another name?

17. piopat

piopat Active member

ah right mate that's good . cccam 2.1.3 is fine , I use it myself and it works perfect .

cccam.cfg never changes name , that's the name of the file no matter what box it is in . where did you look for cccam.cfg ? in my box its usually in the etc folder , but it may be in etc/enigma2 . if cccam.cfg is not in those locations what may have happened is this , some versions of cccam are called cccam full they contain the cccam file but also the cccam.cfg file , but some times the version of cccam you get may not come with the cccam.cfg file .

so check the /etc folder and then check etc/enigma 2 , if the cccam.cfg is not there after that don't worry . do you have notepad on your mac ? or a similar application ? . if so open notepad and create a file , name the file cccam.cfg , notepad tries to name all files with the extension .txt , so as I say make sure you name the file cccam.cfg

now you can copy and paste your c line into the cccam.cfg file you just created , then save your work . now use idream to send the cccam.cfg file to the etc folder . when that's done either reboot your box or restart cccam .

18. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

Thank god for windows tee he he

19. piopat

piopat Active member

lol tongs

20. Yotanka72

Yotanka72 Newbie

Im in mate...wohoooo.I learned a lot this last 2 weeks.I cant actually believe its working.
    I made my own cc cam.cfg file and it worked just fine.
    Now I just have to do my other box but thats a piece of cake now.
    Id like to thank you so much for all the help and patience with me.
    I couldnt of done it without you Piopat.
    Cheers mate.