1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A NEWBIES GUIDE TO SETTING UP A DM500S FOR CARDSHARING

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by piopat, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Yotanka72

Yotanka72 Newbie

Do you know why I cant watch HD Channels even though they are there mate?

2. piopat

piopat Active member

ah that's great mate im glad you got it working . its always hard the first time to learn how to set up an enigma 1 or 2 box , but once you do it the first time it gets a lot easier lol . the good thing is that many of the new boxes are enigma 2 boxes , which means that even tho they will be made by different box makers that setting them all up is pretty much the same .

lol my first enigma box took me weeks to set up lol , because I spent days reading and reading again before I tried it , but I managed to get the box working after , I did have a little problem tho that I got great help with from here on afterdawn . but my second enigma box took me about 20 minutes to setup lol , so as I say once you do it and you know how it gets a lot easier . thanks for your kind words mate , im just happy that I could help and glad your box is working now . if you think we can help you with anything else here just ask , I cant promise we can help with everything but we will give it our best try .

yotanka there is a function on most enigma 2 boxes now which is to make a backup copy of your image , imagine if your box software (the image ) developes a glitch and the box wont work properly , and this can happen at times . well you will then probably find that you have to reflash the box and start again from scratch , this will now be a bit easier for you as you have learned how to add tspanel and cccam etc , but its a bit annoying having to start from scratch . by doing an image backup your box makes an exact copy of all your box software , that's including the image and all your settings and tspanel and cccam basicly everything . then should your box develope a glitch all you have to do is reflash your box with the back up image and within about 3 minutes your box will be back working exactly as it is now , and you wont have to do anything or install anything . so you should think about doing that , usually the backup option is in the main menu , just press menu and the option should be there , but you will need to have a usb memory stick or hdd attached to save the back up image to , you can even use idream to access the usb stick/hdd and send another copy of your back up image to your computer . its not imperative that you do this but its usefull , also if you had multiple boxes of the same make you could flash them all with your backup copy . if you do make a copy I recommend you make one about once every one or two months , the new backup will over write the old back up .

the last thing yotanka is as you have tspanel installed that maybe you should consider installing tsmedia from it to your box . tsmedia kets you watch thousands of free movies old and brand new and also tv shows and series and even iptv channels all free . if you do install it the latest version is tsmedia 7.8 but its got a few problems so I recommend installing tsmedia 7.7 . there are two 7.7 versions which is a little confusing , there is tsmedia 7.7 test and tsmedia 7.7 full , I recommend you install tsmedia 7.7 full . if you cant find it in tspanel let me know and ill give you the file to pop into your box . talk soon

3. piopat

piopat Active member

hi mate many of the pay hd channels don't open , this is down to a change that sky have made , there is no fix for this at present . free hd channels such as bbc hd and itv hd should open . also bt sports hd opens but sky sports /sky movies hd etc wont open . but all the sd channels open .

4. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

No one using a 3rd party box can receive hd channels. Sky has new encryption on them

5. Yotanka72

Yotanka72 Newbie

Thanks Piopat.Cant seem to open the BBC HD at all actually.Should they be there without HD too?
    By the way do you know what Satellite Irish television is running on mate?
    Is it Eutelsat?
    If you can send me a link for TS Media 7.7 that would be great.
    Cheers and thanks so much for all the help again.
    This is the best site Ive found.Your help has been so great.

6. GAVINT

GAVINT Member

Hi yotanka irish channels should be on 28.2e

7. piopat

piopat Active member

Thanks Piopat.Cant seem to open the BBC HD at all actually.Should they be there without HD too?
    By the way do you know what Satellite Irish television is running on mate?
    Is it Eutelsat?
    If you can send me a link for TS Media 7.7 that would be great.
    Cheers and thanks so much for all the help again.
    This is the best site Ive found.Your help has been so great.

yotanka bbc channels are free to air even the hd channels so you should recieve bbc hd aswell as itv hd and some other free hd channels . is it possible that you are using a set of bouquets in which no hd channels are added ? , if so go to the all channels list and see if you get bbc hd , or do an automatic transponder scan to update your all channel list .

ive added the latest version of tsmedia to this post ,just download it and unzip it and use dream control center or vu control center to send the file in to your box . the file goes in the /tmp file , on some images the file is called var/ vollatile/ tmp . then use your box menu to go to the manual install panel or manual install ipk file panel in your box , select the file to install it .

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  8. naz07

naz07 Member

I have kept a eye on ECMs and EMMs but not knowing what is normal for these mine seem to be high numbers
    recently on ccam info

What should I expect these to be?

9. mancred

mancred Regular member

ecms need to be below 0.250 for stability on CCcam with a N*S sourced card.

0.300 is pushing it

10. mancred

mancred Regular member

Not quite correct, IPTV on a 3rd party box can via addons.

11. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

where? i see no sly sports/films/hd streams? on dreambox 800 using iptv. channels are there but not hd and not real time

12. mancred

mancred Regular member

There are plenty of servers out there streaming HD via E2 plugins. I've tested 2 and been impressed.

The price though wasn't so great.

13. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

i suggest xbmc then for you, as i do find some HD channels gratis on xbmc but have never found any on my dreambox which is enigma 2, and also wouldnt pay for a stream (as it is what it is)
    Regards Tongs

14. mancred

mancred Regular member

Look, I've used XMBC for about 5 mins and laughed my head off at the tripe on it. These "streams" I viewed are 20 times better.

15. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

easy tiger was a suggestion. Anyway so there is no real hd channels on third party boxes is what i was implying in the first place

16. CitoCito

CitoCito Newbie

Good Day Mr Piopat,

Thank you very much first of all of this great thread and the useful information.
    But I have a Question for you. I come from Egypt, and We have here several guys sell some " Membership " with CCCAM etc to put it into your Dreambox so you can watch some channels such as Sky, Aljazeera etc.
    Most of these sallers dont even have a server home or something, they have a Server in Germany or UK, they have access to it, so they can just add a new user name and password to creat the CCCAM file.
    Can you please let me know how to do such thing ? They sell CCCAM file for one year for 10$ which is very cheap, and the Quality is very good without freezing etc. But I am interested in to know how can someone do that without having the server beside him and without having to buy any original card from Sky or Aljazeera etc.

I appreciate your support.
    Thanks
    Cito

17. piopat

piopat Active member

in order to share channels you must have a card or cards , or you need a c line that allows you to share with others . if you have neither then you cant share with others .

if you just want to buy a cccam file and put it in your dreambox well you need a suitable image on your box (image is what we call the tv software ) then you can install cccam , and then you can put a cccam.cfg file into your box . once your box is connected to the internet you can then view any channels supplied by that c line .

this tutorial is for a dm500s but if your box is a dm800 etc well many of the same principils apply , which basicly are you need a box / you need a suitable image / your box must be connected to the internet / you must have cccam installed / you need to buy a c line .

18. CitoCito

CitoCito Newbie

Thanks Piopat for your fast answer.
    Well I have Dreambox HD 500, and I have a Cccam.cfg which I believe allowes me just to watch the channels but not to share them.
    Can you tell me how to get C lines to be shared ? I have many friends in Egypt which they would be happy to get the chance to watch Aljazeera Sport, and Sky too without paying .
    I can also share with you in Private the C line which I have, I paid for it 10 USD for a year and the server should be in the UK but the guy is in Egypt, he is making several usernames and passwords etc .
    Thanks again .

19. piopat

piopat Active member

you need to speak to the people selling the c lines , ask them if they will sell you a c line that you can re share to others . obviously this would cost you more money , but if you re share to friends and charge them a small fee you will get your money back . but you cant do anything untill you see if you can get a c line that you can re share , if they say no then you cant share with your friends .

20. CitoCito

CitoCito Newbie

Thanks for your Information, so I will search for such c lines :)
    then I can maybe do a sub c line of it to my friends and not share with them the original c line :)
    Thanks again very much, you are really very helpful.