1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A NEWBIES GUIDE TO SETTING UP A DM500S FOR CARDSHARING

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by piopat, Apr 15, 2010.

1. piopat

piopat Active member

ok mate sorry i wasnt quite understanding you but i am now .

when i said look to see what files are in the uninstall panel mate i meant on the box , in the box menus , there should be a manual install panel or manually install ipk addons panel , but also an uninstall panel , i just want to see if there are any files in the uninstall problem mate .

its worth looking . but something is wrong and the guy who set your box up may have to change the image for you mate , but he could do that in 15 minutes flat mate if he is any good at what he does .

2. airguitar

airguitar Newbie

Sorry for my late reply !!
    So i press menu on my remote.Then i go to plugin browser then it shows me many options.Among others there is an option uninstall in red color.I press it.It has to options uninstall skins and uninstall extensions there is one extension only (xmltvimport-rytec).
    Now back in plugin browser there is also a sub menu software management.I press it and inside i choose advanced.Then package management.Inside package management there are 40 pages of 8 packages each most of them say "there is not valid architecture". The last 24 though are enigma2pluginextensionsxmltvimportrytec
    enigma2pluginskins,fakelocale,firmwarehtc,softcamsupport,updatemodules,volatile media and many others.
    If i press volatilemedia for example it asks me if i wantt o remove it.The same question for 24.If i choose other package than those 24 it asks if i want to update.

3. piopat

piopat Active member

hi mate no these are not the uninstall panel i mean . as an example your box has pay channels opening , that means there is a cam installed in your box , that may be cccam or oscam or mgcamd etc . so when you go into the correct uninstall panel you should atleast see a cam listed .

try doing this

press Menu button > then select Plugins > the select Remove plugins (press red button ) > then select extensions > now can you see cccam or one of the cams i named above ?

as you are doing this check to see if you can see IPK INSTALL PANEL (or similar ) and manual install panel (or similar ) . that said if you do the above and can see a cam and other files listed , look onscreen for uninstall options , it may be that you simply select a file to un install it or you highlight it and then press a color button to uninstall it . now dont uninstall your cam lol or you will lose your pay channels , im only trying to get you to see if you can find these panels and see whats in them . as i say there should also be a manual install panel or an ipk install panel , the wording can differ between images but usually is some what similar . if you can find the correct manual install panel open it and see if tsmedia is in there , if it is try installing it .

4. airguitar

airguitar Newbie

In this menu i told you package management there is a package enigma2pluginsoftcamscccamversion 2.3.0 i think you mean that.when i click it asks me if i want to update it.
    There are many more like videotune and others.Maybe there are others like tsmedia with other name?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  5. piopat

piopat Active member

no mate i dont mean package manager . there should be a manual install panel or an ipk install panel , and an uninstall panel even if they are named slightly different . if you find one you should find the other very close to it . if you find the manual install panel or ipk install panel tsmedia will be in there because you put it in there .

6. piopat

piopat Active member

try this mate i found it online

1. Main menu
    2. Plugins
    3. Green button to download plugins
    4. Extensions
    5. Find and install "Filebrowser"
    After installation filebrowser will appear in your main menu.
    Now with DCC put your ipk file at tmp file. (you already did this bit so ignore this )
    Go to your box at Filebrowser, check at tmp folder, find the ipk there, press ok on your remote, click to the file to be installed and enter again to execute the installation.
    Restart your box and you will I HOPE find tsmedia installed or in your main menu or at the Plugins.
    Try it, i've done the same with success.

7. airguitar

airguitar Newbie

Sorry mate that did not work either.I press download plugins but the list is empty. :(

8. airguitar

airguitar Newbie

I also tried this (the 2nd way) but it did not work either.
    h**p://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=4392

9. piopat

piopat Active member

best not to post links to other sites mate , that wouldnt be allowed by any forum , sorry mate i just dont want you to get into trouble . i know a guy who has tested a lot of images so im just waiting for him to reply mate and he may have the answer .

10. mancred

mancred Regular member

After having months of glitching and basically unable to watch tv for any decent length of time I've finally came across a good se**er. Thought my box was knackered, switched it back to Cccam 2.2.1 'n all but still the same crap.

Happy bunny yet again :)

11. piopat

piopat Active member

good to see you got sorted manc .

12. Costellon

Costellon Member

Hi.
    I've been out of the scene for a looong time and have just dug my old dm500s (clone) out of mothballs. I've flashed it with the Commando 15.1e image and downloaded the cams and libcrypto files. I'm hooked up to my pc and router using DCC.
    I put the libcrypto file into var-lib but have no idea where the cam files go. My CCcam folder contains the following files: CCcam.armeb, CCcam.armeb.eabi, CCcam.cfg, CCcam.mipsel, CCcam.ppc, CCcam.x86, CCcam.x86_old_glibc_2.1.3, Changelog.
    Could someone please help and excuse my noobiness (it was not always so). I've looked for a tutorial or helpfile and have come up with nothing, i've read the files that were in the download folder and i'm none the wiser.
    Any help at all would be appreciated.
    Do all of the files need to be individually placed or do I simply dump a folder somewhere ? Do I have to rename anything ? Anything else ?

On another forum I was told that:

"CCcam.ppc needs to renamed to CCcam
    Place it in /var/bin/emu/
    Start it from the softcam menu"
    AND
    "Cccam.cfg needs to go in var/ etc
    C Line goes inside the cfg"

All of the other files listed above (that came in the CCcam-2.3.0 folder) are to be deleted as they're not needed ?
    Thanks for the excellent work, much apreciated.

13. piopat

piopat Active member

"CCcam.ppc needs to renamed to CCcam
    Place it in /var/bin/emu/
    Start it from the softcam menu"

yes just remove the .ppc at the end . one both files are in the correct location (and line added of course ) select blue > extras menu > softcam menu, from there you can start the cam

AND
    "Cccam.cfg needs to go in var/ etc
    C Line goes inside the cfg"

yes the above is correct .

14. Costellon

Costellon Member

Thank you kindly Sir ... next problem is that I now have an "N" line to enter (it's what my buddy gave me) ... can it be put into the CCcam config as you describe entering a "C" line .... on line 80 instead of typing C: (followed by the line) - can I simply enter N: (followed by the line) instead ? Or is this a totally different thing altogether ?
    Thanks again

15. Costellon

Costellon Member

Got it working, installed N line exactly as you instructed for the C line early in this thread.
    Thanks again piopat, very very much appreciated

16. Costellon

Costellon Member

Just read back through my old posts on this site from 2008 ... how could I have forgotten so much in such a short time ? Anyroad, back again with another problem. I've gone through all 95 pages of this thread and i'm goggle eyed and none the wiser. I'm looking to stream over my network from my box to my bedroom pc. When I type in the box's ip into my browser (firefox) a "dboxyweb" interface comes up but I cannot get a stream (webexif used to come up for my HS2). i've downloaded and installed vlc, cccp codec pack but still nowt. My image is Commando 15.1e - DM500s (clone). I've noticed settings in main menu/movie player/settings ... is it something to do with this ? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. P.S. My pc sees the box, bouquets appear along with a settings interface etc ... it just refuses to stream ... additionally bandwidth shouldn't be a problem as i've got 240 meg Virgin thingie setup doofer.
    Thanking you in anticipation.

17. piopat

piopat Active member

the image you use must have a web interface , if the box has a web interface you can type the box ip into your laptop web browser and connect to the box web interface and that lets you control your box (like using the remote control) and also view channels from your box on your laptop (you will need vlc on your laptop ) . as i dont use commando image and i know commando is a for want of a better term a re constructed image as opposed to an original image made by an image maker i dont know if its got a web interface . what i mean is they took stuff out and put other stuff in .

if it doesnt have a web interface then you will need a suitable image that has one .

18. reswob

reswob Regular member

piopat my old friend.
    just been browsing some old forums of mine.
    the years have rolled by (very quickly).
    it was so crazy back then,codes rolling and all that stuff.
    still have my little dm500s,just some FTA in the bedroom.so much has changed but the fight goes on.
    you were the ONE who guided me through the process with my dm500.
    when i started out on this long path i did not even have my own email address,my daughter had to create one for me..
    (when i look back its so embarrasing).
    this was the forum i first encountered you on,as far as i remember you gave advice about links to free tv.
    (OMG you had some pm,s).
    but as you became more experinced you moved on to other forums,i could see your knowledge growing stronger.
    you were like a dry sponge soaking up water.
    i will never forget the saturday morning my dm500s cleared the channels.after about 3 months of pm,s between you and me.......IT WAS MAGIC.......but it was all down to you PIOPAT.
    YOU STUCK WITH ME WHEN OTHERS GAVE UP.
    as i say that was many years ago time moves on and systems change.
    were still that little bit a head (i think).
    really the reason i post this now is to say a special thankyou,
    you are always there for people and you were certainly there for me when i was a novice.
    (im still a novice but still get my channels).
    not to sure what forum your on now piopat,if you read this pm me please.
    BIG THANKYOU for all the help over the years,
    regards des