1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Pleasant and Cheap Surprise

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by joe33333, Apr 2, 2005.

1. joe33333

joe33333 Guest

I just got back from my local surplus store. I saw 50 DVD-R's for $3.95 Canadian. Yes, I couldn't believe it either. I got them assuming they would be garbage, but just for the fun of it I tried them with DVDInfoPro. To my surprise the manufacturer code is TYG01 (The god of all media). I couldn't believe it. I'm going back tomorrow to buy another 200 of them.

2. fancymojo

fancymojo Guest

WOW GREAT BUY!!!!!

3. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

NICELY DONE...that IS cheap, exact same media code i am using right now...i have a cousin that lives in Vancouver, could you please let me and others know where you got these for such an amazing price? thanks.

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

what was the brand name tho,; here in UK , like anywhere else, we have fake media. I got caught out when i started in the dvd lark, buying bulkpaq discs, which had TYG02 code. Now only buy Verbatim Datalifeplus. we can get TY here from www.svp.co.uk which are apparently genuine, but i'm sticking to my Verb's. which reminds me i better go order some

5. joe33333

joe33333 Guest

I got them at Factory Direct in Toronto. There is no brand on the discs, just a blank spindle with silver tops.

6. AgentTran

AgentTran Guest

Thats great! I also live near Toronto, was it the Factory Direct in Downtown Toronto or Scarbourough? Also, how many did they have there and is it a limited time offer?

Thanks Joe!

7. joe33333

joe33333 Guest

It was the Toronto one and when I went back to buy them they only had 100 left so I got them all. lol. Sorry.

8. AgentTran

AgentTran Guest

Hey, no problem! I need inkjet printables more than the silver tops anyway.