1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A possible solution to banned consoles

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by gameover9, Nov 9, 2009.

1. liquidwtr

liquidwtr Member

i never said it would be an easy task, but a solution to the problem

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. wilykat

wilykat Member

if you have any plans and need help count me in. im wondering if fooling the xbox into thinking its a xbox 1 game may help

4. liquidwtr

liquidwtr Member

i personally don't plan anything, however it truely depends on if the ping packets are encrypted, the 360 responds to pings from computers, so if the 360 operates at the same level as a computer when it comes to determing your ping/lag, it'd be a simple matter of forwarding all ICMP's back at your 360, effectly replying to itself, but alas i'd doubt it'd be that simple

5. rikdee

rikdee Regular member

right downloaded it, managed to open the file fine but now how do i find players?

6. gameover9

gameover9 Guest

Most worthless post ever... It does work unless people are far away. This is at least some type of online play for your close buddies.

7. rikdee

rikdee Regular member

do you have to have your friends email adresses then to play them? if so it does avoid you having to listen to infantile rants by kids lol

8. ThePit

ThePit Regular member

I have the 1.5mbps package and my ping to a guy who is less than 30 miles from me is no lower than 73 so either my isp is screwing me or the program does not work like everyone claims. Anyone improved there ping to be able to play?

9. liquidwtr

liquidwtr Member

i've seen this post several times, and i find it very ignorant thinking, simple because U have a 1.5mbps connection does not mean that the entire network between u and him is 1.5mbps connection, secondly think about it, your house wired lan with regular 100mb ethernet ports runs at a max of 100mb(note it's bit not bytes) so please remember any internet speed you get is limited to the slowest link on the network between you and your friend and is never EVER going to be as fast as your lan(which is usually a 5-6ms(and that might be too high for some people) lag between lan computers yet alone over the internet

10. ThePit

ThePit Regular member

Ok for one I have been doing this for quite some time and my lan is 1ms at all times in my house. I have always had a good setup and never have any problems. The guy that i am connecting to is less than 50 miles away and has cable. With the distance and the broadband connection we both have there is no reason to be that slow.

I just got banned about an hour ago and now my system is useless. They break the law by rendering you console useless. you buy the console which then becomes your property and then you pay for Xbox Live. Those are two seperate purchases and they should not ruin one with the other. If you mod your system then you run the risk of being banned from Live not everything else. When they take the ability to play movies and install to hardrive they are screwing with something that is no longer in there possesion and therefore not there property. We do not lease our 360's we buy them therefore we can do whatever we want to with them until we go on Live which they do own so we must abide there rules. If they catch us modding our systems then they should ban us from Live not anything else.

The ping limiter in it is BS and should not be put in because it limits us from being able to have lan partys because everyone doesn't have a good setup. In closing it is a violation of my "terms of purchase" to render my offline experience useless.

Also is anyone certain if the ping limit is on the disc or is built into the 360. I have looked through Borderlands and tried to find anything on there. I'm banned anyway so modifying a simple value should not hurt me any. Thanks for your responses.

P.S Sorry I like to rant.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  11. saboaua

saboaua Guest

Now is only a matter to wait and see what really causing console bans.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2009
  12. gameover9

gameover9 Guest

Why did you post this? This thread is about system link software. Please edit this.

13. stevedogg

stevedogg Regular member

So what am i doing wrong?

I installed leaf and posted my id on those other boards. Now do I just wait for that guy to add me? and then simple as that I have access to the rest of the community.

Another lil problem I ran into is the "share game server permissions" button is greyed out. Do I still need to set this up, how can I make this a clickable button?

14. gameover9

gameover9 Guest

Well we're testing other sources tonight to see what happens. You can create your own HOST or join others. You do not need Sentinel Ace to add you.

15. stevedogg

stevedogg Regular member

ah!, I see, thanks for the info. I'll try this leaf thing w/ my bro that lives 10 miles away.

16. gameover9

gameover9 Guest

sounds good. Sentinel Ace will be posting his results I am sure.

17. tgunnz22

tgunnz22 Regular member

will this work on windows 7

18. ThePit

ThePit Regular member

So does anyone know if the ping limiter is hard coded or is it on each disc. If it is on the disc then it would be just a matter of findind it and changing the value. Anyone have any input on this?

19. ThePit

ThePit Regular member

Just an idea but how hard would it be to make a stand alone server similar to the fake servers that people created for WOW. To me it wouldn't be all that different to any other server. It would be all about tricking the xbox into thinking it signs into Live but it actually signs into your pc.

Then use Leaf or whatever program you wanted to take it from there. Does this seem plausible. If you take Cain or any other hacking software to sniff for vitale information maybe we could all come together and create a side server for a fake Live that banned or not you could use safely without having to worry about getting banned. On the server you could still have updates and DLC but they would be free if you chose to put them on your server. Any Ideas or is this not possible?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  20. rikdee

rikdee Regular member

Im still struggling with this, how do i add friends as it looks like you can only play games with people you add, is this right any info would be much appreciated.

Oh my User ID is RIKJD89 if anyone wants to add me, and im in Lancs in the UK as by the looks of things distance between players is a vital component.

21. me2611

me2611 Member

Try Xlink Kai, I have used it today to play MW2 Lag Free with people from all over the UK for the past 5 hours.