1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Program Has Attatched Itself To My DVD Burner

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Cosmo1111, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Cosmo1111

Cosmo1111 Regular member

I had this crap CD burning software called 'Easy CD Creator 5 Basic' but I deleated all of the files of it. But for some reason its come back. Whenever I go to My Computer and click on a driver, this thing pops up and asks me to install it and whenever I put a DVD or CD in, this window pops up and asks me to install it.

Another problem is that all of my ISO files save as 'Easy Create Image File'. The DVD's burn fine to blank DVD

PS: Thanks to everyone that showed me how to burn DVD's...ive been at it all day (backing up all my DVD's)

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Roxio the company that makes 'Easy CD Creator 5 Basic' has a way of cleaning your PC when you remove their software -- It's found by doing a search on their website here :- http://www.roxio.com/en/support/ecdc/index.jhtml

Type [bold]remove[/bold] in the Knowledgebase box and click Search --> a popup will open and the second item found will be what you looking for ! Like so :-

""2. IN- Uninstall Easy CD Creator 5 from Windows XP ""

Good Luck !

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper ![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2004
  3. Cosmo1111

Cosmo1111 Regular member

thank you very much..yes it did say roxio

ill try that and see if it works

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

5. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Thank you bigorange !! That's the tool i was looking for and could not find in the threads here ! I posted that thing myself a few months back -- but unsuscribed to that post it looks like ! ~~smiles

6. bigorange

bigorange Active member

No problem! I actually have a folder I keep all this stuff in as I run across it or I'd never find it! LOL

7. Cosmo1111

Cosmo1111 Regular member

oh cool. it worked

its not that it was a big file or something. its just that it was anoying whenever i clicked on something and a box pops up asking me to install it.

Plus..i had way to many burning software ...ive been trying all of them to see what works for me

all i need is DVD SHRINK and DECRYPTER

thats all anyone needs to burn a DVD easily.

8. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Actually, I have about five main apps(or systems) that I use. Different apps for different situations. I've never found one that could do it all.

But, the main thing is your happy and that's really all that matters. Burn away! :>)