1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a program that does this?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by strings41, May 17, 2004.

1. strings41

strings41 Member

I have a video production company and I capture weddings, singing concerts, etc. I have a group that I captured the other day and we are wanting to make a promotional video (one song on stage and clips from the album). The entire video is not long and the whole folder is 356mb. I want to put this on a CD instead on a dvd so they can distribute cheap. I do not want to decrease the quality. It doesn't matter that it works in a computer only (that will be fine).

What program can I use that will not decrease the video quality and I can make it menu based of some sort.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

emmmm, cudnt realy do this for a few reasons.

1. Transcoding = Quality Loss

2. VCD/SVCD are for CD's and their menu's cannot be interactive at all!

3. You could try XViD or DivX perhaps? check out the guide section of this site or just use Dr DivX.

3. daba

daba Guest

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

And I wouldnt suggest it, I tried it out once and checked it on 5 Seperate DVD Players and some computers before I got my DVD Burner. Only 1 player managed to play it properly but the counter on the DVD Player was not moving at all! It was all fuzzy with WinDVD which was surprising. 3 of the DVD Players failed to recognise the disc at all and the one other showed a blocky green mess for the whole thing :)