1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A program that "tricks" the computer into thinking it's lanned?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Burgers, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Burgers

Burgers Guest

I wanted to know if there exists a program that can if applied on 2 computers (both with a speedy broadband connection) could "trick" them into thinking they are lanned with each other? It would help alot if I could get information on this =)

2. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Why not just connected them and actually have a LAN?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2005
  3. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

OK here is my translation: I have 2 computers at two different locations. I would like to make them interact with eachother as if they where on a LAN. Both have a broadband connection.

Is that translation correct?

If so then what you are looking for is VPN. Just a few router seetings on bothe ends. XP already Has VPN in it. Just sit arround and someone will help you with it.

-Del

4. DMW

DMW Regular member

Hi,
    Assuming Mr_Del has the right translation, which I think he has, then yes a VPN is the way to go.

It can be tricky, but only in its time to setup, once its working its just like aa normal network....hence the name I guess lol.

Anyway, these pages should help you out, one for a server and one for client.
    Server (assuming XP) http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networking/xp_vpn_server.htm

Client (Assuming Xp)
    http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networking/xp_vpn.htm

Sorry to assume, but hope I was right on widows version.

Hope it helps.

Cheers