1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A program to capture and also create a broadcast to an external device

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by sleepybr, Jul 29, 2014.

1. sleepybr

sleepybr Member

Hi,

I'm in need of some help with a current setup I have than I need to have it do more.

Currently The entire setup is more av based but after the signal is split is sent to the computer. I have the video come from the camera into a 1x4 distribution amplifier then to a tv tuner device for a vga monitor, as well as a AVerMedia AVerTV HD DVR C027 capture card.

To make recording simple, I use a recording module (I was surprised to find out it was a standalone) from roxio creator pro 2012 and have it launched from an auto-it automated script.

I did that setup for my church early 2012, however the church has a larger crowd and to give some video coverage they are picking up 2 40" televisions for people who cannot see that are sitting in the back, and for the option to show lyrics from certain scriptures on the two 40" tv's. I have the option of dual displays with the computer. Unfortunately I do not have any room for another pci-e card. Pretty much I wanted to know what are my options for recording everything and create lyrics then to present the final product on the 40"tv. I was thinking something similar to telestream wirecast, but in a scenario where everything is locally done.

What do you guys recommend? Any help would be appreciated.

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. sleepybr

sleepybr Member

Will give it a shot. Thank you

4. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i'd recommend using a splitter to output to both tvs at the same time.
    you can get hdmi splitters, vga splitters, av splitters. if you wanna put output of the same thing to 2 or 3 or even more tvs then that should work.

also you can get stream boxes which could work.

5. sleepybr

sleepybr Member

Thanks for the help. I was going for a 1x4 splitter for the tv's. I'm think for the software if I can make a program like powerpoint broadcast to a second display by default then just have someone switch the output from the tv's to the vga input that can be a workaround. I wanted to really have the final video mixdown sent to the 40" tv's probably through vga. I was thinking most people have experience with powerpoint so there's no learning curve except just to switch inputs