1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Question about PSP Blender

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by zachier, Jul 2, 2007.

1. zachier

zachier Regular member

Okay, before you yell at me, I know that PSP Blender is a scam, and that you can get almost everything they offer for free if you just search thoroughly on the internet.

But I was wondering if the PSX games they offer can be played on the official Sony firmware(without having to upgrade to certain custom firmwares). My curiosity arose when I saw the following Q&A in their PSP FAQ page:

Q: Do you offer PSX/PS1 games that can be played on my PSP?
    A: Absolutly![sic] We are the only PSP download service to offer this option at the time. Download all of your favorite PS1 games and play them on your PSP.

Does anyone know anything about this? If so, an elaborated answer would really be appreciated. Thanks! =)

2. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

u can just torrent psx games.

3. zachier

zachier Regular member

You mean, you can download and play PSX games without having to use a custom firmware or such?

4. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

No. It's a lie. You cannot play psx games on official firmware unless you have ps3 and purchased the game from PSN

5. zachier

zachier Regular member

I see. So the only way to play PSX games on your PSP officially is to purchase it through the Playstation store via PS3...

Well, that's all I needed to know. Thank you all very much! =)

6. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

You can also play it if u have custom firmware...since the new downgrader came out most people can downgrade but the problem is... If u downgrade u might not be able to upgrade to official psp firmware, if u have the newer PSP and if no one has a hack for it.

7. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Are you talking about the corrupt IDstorage key that prevents you from upgrading? If so, then you don't have to worry. That only happens if you downgraded from the old 2.71 and 2.8 downgrader on TA-082. And a fix was released. If you downgraded from noobz 3.03 and 3.50 downgrader you are fine, there is no key corruption.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2007
  8. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

no, thats not it. sony has these gay checks in all firmwares in 3.30 and higher. nobody who has downgraded before with a TA-082 mobo or higher can go to 3.30 or higher. it will not let u.

9. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Yea, you are talking about the IDstorage key getting corrupted. That's the reason sony update 3.30 won't work, as it detetects this corrupted key. Remember how ta-082 downgrade from 2.71, 2.80 will often get a black screen after downgrade (kinda like bricked), and you have to press the brightness button to restore the sceen? That's caused by this corrupted IDstorage key. A fix was released to fix it, and I believe higher versions of OE also will fix it automatically.
    When Noobz released 3.03, he made sure not to access the IDstorage, therefore downgrader from 3.03 and up will NOT have this problem.

10. zachier

zachier Regular member

Are you saying that it's possible to go back to the official firmware nowadays? Say, I upgrade to a custom firmware and I didn't quite like it, can I then return to the official firmware?

I'm sorry for asking too much questions; I am quite new to this subject.

11. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

not past 3.30...

12. zachier

zachier Regular member

So I can only go back to 3.30? I that what you're saying?

>_<

13. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Im not too sure, i havent heard much about it, but yes, it was some kind of check the firmware do...

There could be a fix, later on...or maybe theres already one now. But if u have a TA-082 mobo, u might not be able to upgrade higher than official 3.30, n since Dark_AleX has left the PSP community there might now be a custom firmware 3.40+...

14. zachier

zachier Regular member

I see. Now I'm having second thoughts whether I should downgrade or not... Seeing Dark_Alex just left the scene and all. =/ Future games, such as the anticipated God of War for the PSP, will most likely require the latest official firmware... =/

But thanks for the help; I appreciate it. I have more knowledge now about this stuff than before. =)

15. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

16. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Hmmm, thats cool, wonder how far they are going to get and how fast...n also how safe...lol. IDK but i think its going to be hard because all the files in the dumps r encrypted(well at lease i think). And 3.50 has ann those newer encryptions n differnet things...but good luck tho.

17. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

were actually making some pretty good progress. we got a recovery mode already, and almost an iso loader, CKhaleel is workin on that right now