1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question about using back-up DVD games?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by O2K, Feb 12, 2004.

1. O2K

O2K Member

I recenty made a back-up of beatmania IIDX, but for some reason, the game just crashes on certian parts or at certain times, and other times, the game will work just fine, or just not even at all.....so i tried to back-up another game (rygar) to see if i did it wrong, and the first time, i did'nt load, the second time, it crashed, and the third time, worked fine till i turned off the console.

so, would anyone know why this is happening??? My PS2 is v.5 (SCPH-30001 R) and i'm using sony DVD+R as the media, while using Achoal120 to burn....

thanx for anyhelp

2. Slofire

Slofire Member

Could have been your media, could be the cd is scratched, could be random. I know i backed-up FF9 for ps1 a few yrs ago and it would crash, on about 75% of the CGi sequences. Needless to say i beleive it was whatever media i used.

3. WEStar

WEStar Active member

try dvd-r and if you're burning it fast(4X, 2X) try slow burns.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2004
  4. O2K

O2K Member

nah, the cd (original) and DVD+R both are mint so don't think it scratched. and the burn speed was x1 hmmmm

so i'll try agian with a -R and see how that works out, thanx

5. Velesco

Velesco Member

use a different program. Alcohol likes to pick and choose who its going to work for.

6. O2K

O2K Member

alright, well, i tried agian using both dvddecyptor, and used a sony -R

i used the instructions on the sticky on the first page w/ backing-up DVD games. I tried w/ Gulity Gear XX #Reload, after the burning completed, I tried it, (using the swap discs) and it gave the blue border, however, it froze there, i tried it a few more time, the same happened....

then i try a US game, DDR Max1, and after it finished, i tried it, agian, it did'nt get past the blue border, i tried a few more times, but the farthest the game got was to the now loading screen, but nothing after that.....

so is there something i might be doing wrong??? i was thinking it was the sony disc media, but the other games on the +R seemed to work at least a bit, or might it be something else???

also, the files that dvddecyptor came w/ a ISO, and a MDS file, but i don't think that i may have burnt the MDS file, maybe that's what's wrong, but if it is, then how do i burn both the ISO and MDS files together???