1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Question For All video and VCD Pros

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by iluvtmd, Apr 11, 2005.

1. iluvtmd

iluvtmd Guest

i bought a couple bootleg vcds but they look real clear almost as good as a dvd's no blurriness or pixel failure you can usually tell tha its a vcd on my 52" tv but with these movies they look real good. i bought hostage and the ring 2 but they look too clean to even be cam . both films are on 2 cd-rs a piece, how do these bootleggers get them looking so damn good. i purchased these films on my trip to mexico just wondering how vcds can look this clear even the sound was good i just have to know.

2. spacedust

spacedust Regular member

You can control the compression when doing a VCD(MPEG1). I think default compression will put movie on 1 disk 700mb if there on 2 disks the compression was turn down. With good programs you can control bitrate on video and audio. I done a vcd once put a movie on 1 cd looks pretty good.

Good Luck

Spacedust

3. iluvtmd

iluvtmd Guest

thanks im currently creating vcds with TMPEGEnc and they look alright but not as good as these bootlegs i guess ill keep trying to make a decent vcd thanx.