1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Question For You The Genius'

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by poe0915, Aug 26, 2004.

1. poe0915

poe0915 Member

I'm so confused about why this is happening. I have had great success in burning DVDs... until last week. I don't know what's going on. The files look fine, they are the right size and the picture is good. HOWEVER, every time i go to burn it using Toast 5/6, I get an error half way into the burn process that reads:

The drive reported an error:
    Sense Key= HARDWARE ERROR
    Sense Code=0x03

It then deems the DVD unusable.

I have gone on all the forums and have done a search and I don't know what is going on. I've tried reinstalling the software, but nothing has worked. I'm using mactheripper, then dvd2onex, then toast.

I have also tried using Disc Copy to burn the image file (which i've made using DVDImager. I still get an error.

Thank you to anyone who can help me. I'm in a jam and it's driving me crazy. Thanks.

2. poe0915

poe0915 Member

P.S. Sorry for any typos up there... wrote it really fast.

3. poe0915

poe0915 Member

If anyone else gets this error, I'm afraid to tell you that it could very well be a problem with the DVD burning laser. Thankfully my AppleCare covers that, but it's a shame that it's such a pain to get fixed. Try everything you can, but make sure you don't waste all of your blank DVDs attempting to fix something that needs to go to a professional.

Thanks to everyone for thier advice. Especially Londor.