1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question pertaining to seasonal dvds

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Pony321, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Pony321

Pony321 Regular member

I began purchasing season episode dvd recently. Each dvd has six episodes which reside on a dvd-9.

What I'd like to do is divide the six episoded onto two dvd-5 blanks but keep the main menu on both discs.

Disc 1 would contain episode 1 to 3 plus the main menu. Question is what program would I use to edit the main menu to disable the episode buttons for episodes 4 to 6?

Same for disc 2. Episodes 4 to 6 would reside on a dvd5 along with the main menu. I would then disable the episode buttons for 1 to 3. Simply selecting the disabled buttons would do nothing.

Not sure but I believe editing the ifo would work but I'm not experianced in this field. Thank you.

2. Berkner80

Berkner80 Regular member

I don't think you can actually disable the menu buttons. If you want to split the dvd so it will fit on two different dvds, the way I do it is: I use dvdshrink, I select still pictures under the compression tab for the episodes I want to put on the other dvd. Example- episodes 1-3 no compression,episodes 4-6 still pictures. This way you can have the episodes on two different dvd's with working menus and no compression(unless episodes1-3 are too large). I do this on X-Files all the time but it only has 4 episodes per disc. Hope this helps.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2005
  3. brobear

brobear Guest

Try out DVDReMake and DVDLabPro. However, without any fancy editing, you can leave the full menu on both discs; as Berkner80 pointed out with Shrink. If you enter an episode that isn't on the disc, the menu loops back. Instead of splitting the episodes, have you tried transcoding (shrinking the DVDs)? DVDCopy3 and RB/CCE are good for high compression projects.