1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question regarding speed of burner versus disk speed

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Kaileen, Aug 22, 2004.

1. Kaileen

Kaileen Member

I've been burning DVD's for almost two years but just upgraded my burner and realized I haven't been paying much attention to the changes in DVD media.

It's probably a stupid question but I'll ask anyway lol.

I have an 8x Pioneer burner. The question is I have a bunch of old DVD disks still around, mostly 1x and 2x disks. Before I even attempt to burn on them with my new burner though, I wanted to know if anyone could tell me would these disks still work with my new, faster burner? (If it's just that they'll burn slower, that's not a problem, I don't mind it. I just don't want a series of burn errors . . . and don't want to make a bunch of coasters and basically waste the disks!)

If I can't use them, I'll be donating them to a friend of mine, so any help is greatly appreciated by both of us! Thanks!

Kaileen

2. woof811

woof811 Regular member

hello ,

your pioneer burner will detect the speed of your discs and burn them at that speed eg. 1x ,2x , 4x etc..

happy burning :eek:)

3. michigan

michigan Guest

As long as they are slower than what your drive can handle (which yours are) they will work great, just slow.

4. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

If you want to burn them at 8xspeed get the hacked firmware.
    The risk is yours.