1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a quick yes or no answer will do

Discussion in 'PS2' started by atomedge8, May 5, 2004.

1. atomedge8

atomedge8 Member

it's pretty obvious that Codebreaker ver 7.0, 7.1 & 8.0 can't play Ps2 backups even if you put ur modded Ps2 on "sleep" b/c u need to put ur PS2 on sleep jes to run CB v8.0, so my question is...can I play backups on a modded pS2 w/ the newsest gameshark 2 version 3.0...without have to put my ps2 on sleep jes to run the gameshark...bc..etc..thanks all

2. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

gs2v3 doesn't work on mine. armax and ar2v2 work on mine.

3. atomedge8

atomedge8 Member

I have a dms3 on mine jes to let you if that would make any difference but if armax and ar2v2 work for ya i'm pretty sure i'm leading to those 2 options...thanx

4. atomedge8

atomedge8 Member

ok...lemme refresh my question...jes to make it more clear...I have a dms3 modded ps2, have no problems playin backups, i have been using CB v6.0 to use cheats on my backups. CB 7.0,7.1,8.0 need you to put ur ps2 on stealth in order to run CB, pretty much makin playin backups with cheats impossible. So GS2 v3.0 won't work...Nrk4594 said AR2v2 & AR/MAX do, but in other forums and inluding a Mod Chip site claimed that AR/MAX won't play back ups games...i just really wanna know so i don't waste $39 bucks

5. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

i got quite lots of cheating tools and all of them work.. apart for CB8.0 that one wont boot...

gs2 v3 boots up and boots games with cheats...

action replay max boots games well used to untill my dongle broke...

7.0 boots games aswell only 7.1 and 8.0 will not boot itself nor games... i got dms3 and magic v...

6. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

atomedge8,

I have a v7 with Magic V and I use codes on my backups all of the time using armax and ar2v2. If I were you, I would get armax. Datel is phasing out ar2v2. They stopped making codes for it. Ar2v2 owners can upgrade to armax for $9.99.

7. atomedge8

atomedge8 Member

thanx alot all...u gave me detailed info on what i should invest my money in...it;s nice to know there's real good help at this forum...thanx all again

8. atomedge8

atomedge8 Member

hehe..alrighty i borromwed my friends armax and everything went fine until i lauched the game, but nothing happens and it stays on this screen what am i doing wrong or wat am i supposed to do in to make it work and lauch the game.???

9. zecf

zecf Member

Hmm
    I have an AR Max, but it doesn't work at all with my modded PS2 (with ripper2gold)...
    Does anyone know how to do?

10. pricerfr

pricerfr Member

I have dms3 and the same problem for me.

11. zecf

zecf Member

I've checked my AR Max on an unmodded PS2 and it works fine.
    Looks like the chip changes the way the games are loaded, so the ar try the usual - now wrong - way to launch the game

12. atomedge8

atomedge8 Member

hey all...if you want a sure bet get the GS v4.1 it works jes like CB v6.0 they're exactly alike. You can find it at any local game store. you wont be sorry.

13. finty101

finty101 Regular member

Well i have been using AR V2 but it is REALLY unstable. Why do the newer cheat systems not work? Is it some kind of protection?

14. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

actuly the reason why codebraker6 xploder2 xploder4 pro and gameshark2 v3.x 4.x.. look the same cuz they use the same engine... same cheating engine... action replay max the new one works just fine here using dms3 magic v.... i finnaly got my new cartridge :D boots up games n all that ^_^

15. atomedge8

atomedge8 Member

Yeah I agree cyprien, i prefer armax too, i don't know maybe i'm jes a sucka for stylish cheatin devices that are also really convenient...ne way i never knew about all those cheatin devices u mentioned havin the same cheat engine...if i ever need some questions answerd ur da man..haha

16. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

atomedge8,

Just upgrade your dms to flash version 2.2 . It supports orignal cbv8.

I would go with cbv8. There are converters out there where you can convert armax, ar2v2 (gs2v2), and gs2v3 codes to hex. Cbv8 accepts hex codes as well as codes in the cb7+ encryption.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2004