1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A real challenge - Test your knowledge

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ferd2000, Dec 3, 2004.

1. ferd2000

ferd2000 Member

OK people, just like a lot of people I'm tired of being asked for a password everytime I want to watch a movie. So I decided to look for some answers, so far I've followed all instructions on how to delete the parental lock with 7444 and all. However once I'm able to see my movies, I go to the Setup - Custom Menu, and I'm unable to enter into the Parental Control menu, it just goes dimmed highligthed. I've search through the treads and I only found one other thread regarding this issue, which went unanswered by the way.

Is it possible that it cannot be changed???

So there's the challenge...

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Did you also hold down the Select button when entering the 7444 code? Sony made that required in case of the off chance that someone actually set their parental control to 7444.

3. ferd2000

ferd2000 Member

I also tried holding select all through while I entered the new password for which I was prompted, but still no access.

4. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

If it is that important of an issue you can alwasy try opening the machine up and removing and re-inserting the CR2032 CMOS batter that keeps the settings. This will take your PS2 settings back to a factory new state.

5. ferd2000

ferd2000 Member

Well after reducing my PS2 to pieces, I finally found the damn battery. Removed it, put it back again, and tried to put the PS2 together again.

After the second try putting it together, it finally worked, but now I have two little golden screws that I don't know where they came from. One from each try, therefore, there must be a limited number of times I can open and put back together the PS2 before I end up with a lot of screws.

OK, but back to the issue at hand...

I put in a movie (R rated) and I'm asked if I want to temporarily change to Level 8, I said No and then press Setup - Custom - Parental Lock, and Voila! It Works!!!

So now it asks for a password to enter, so just to make sure I don't screw up I used the handy 7444 master code and entered a new password, and now I was able to set the Parental Lock to Off.

Thanks for the Help. Been looking for this for months.

Next step: to copy - paste this message into FAQ thread, so other people don't go through my hassles.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2004