1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Reminder - Stop Using Stupid Subjects

Discussion in 'PS2' started by MagicPS2, Sep 20, 2003.

1. MagicPS2

MagicPS2 Guest

Our goal is to have a meaningful board where people can search for an answer rather than having to ask it over and over because people decide to use subject lines like "Help Me!!!" rather than what their problem or question really is. Thanks.

2. SOB_HUNK

SOB_HUNK Member

Ok man its my first time!Dont bite!

3. MagicPS2

MagicPS2 Guest

I wasn't directing it at you, your post just reminded me of it - don't sweat it.

4. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Here here......

Alot of good/useful threads MAY have a stupid title - but if it is relating to a specific software/game/process etc AND is not included in the title, then a search will not flag it up - thus producing SO MANY double threads, and we find that we are giving the same advice thread after thread after thread after thread after thread.....oh and after thread...

I myself, have now stopped looking at untopic'd threads...

5. MagicPS2

MagicPS2 Guest

I think I'll just start copy/pasting :-D.

6. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

what difference does it make MagicPS2........since most of the time people don't even bother replying to those threads, and they just get erased or closed or whatever.

sometimes, no matter what search terms you use, you can't find what you're looking for, even if it's been discussed before.

i think it'd be a better place here if:-

1)people do some kind of search before they post

2)people actually reply to people's posts rather that JUST telling them to search or whatever (but by all means feel free to tell them to search as well............i just see so many threads unanswered)

7. MagicPS2

MagicPS2 Guest

I for one never tell people to search the board, and if I do, I answer their question first and just add it as a friendly reminder. It is true however that people's posts do go unanswered too often, but I'm here now - we'll work on it ;).