1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A serious problem,help,please!!!

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by robinsonk, Jun 25, 2007.

1. robinsonk

robinsonk Guest

I used a disk recovery tool to recover some previously formatted files,however I am having problems with the .doc files [MS Word]. I use MS OFFICE 2003 and below is the message on the screen when I tried to open the recovered word documents:
    "Word experienced an error trying to open the file. Try this suggestion - blah blah blah...."
    I tried the suggestions but still couldn't open the document. I tried opening with Notepad but all I got was some funny machine language. Any help please! The files are so important.

Is there any software on office fix?

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

what do you mean by that? what happened to the files that you needed to use a disk recovery tool?

anyway...... open up Word then go to HELP/DETECT AND REPAIR.... and this will check all Office files to see if there is any need to repair Office. but if you are having a problem with DOC files that can't open in Word that was able to open before in Word.... then there has to be a reason why. did your computer crash or something? or is this an imported DOC file from somewhere and you need to open it in Word? If it's too old of a file Word might not be able to convert it to it's format! You don't really elaborate what happened and where you got this file from and how old the file is.... it might just be a different version of Word and Word can't convert it to make it work in the version that you are using. but you can try the DETECT AND REPAIR procedure..... hey you can even try to UPDATE (also found in the HELP tab) if you haven't already.